Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Given that Trump is the biggest liar to ever grace the American political stage and his (and his staff's) past involvement with Russia/Putin, I will not give him the benefit of the doubt about his nondisclosed taxes and how they may or may not reflect poorly upon him. I'll simply assume they do and he can prove me wrong. I could care less if you like it or not. He's a dishonest, disingenuous, unethical and amoral scoundrel and if you choose to believe all his ridiculous utterances, more power to you. I don't.
I've found it the best policy to be skeptical of every damned one of them until they prove me wrong. Trump has yet to take office, so we'll see what happens then. To call Trump the "biggest liar ever" may or may not be overselling it. We'll see.

You just keep holding on to that little "tax return thread", though. I"m sure it'll make you feel better.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:14 PM

I don't what the fuck that was yesterday at the press conference but it sure wasn't
Presidential.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Given that Trump is the biggest liar to ever grace the American political stage and his (and his staff's) past involvement with Russia/Putin, I will not give him the benefit of the doubt about his nondisclosed taxes and how they may or may not reflect poorly upon him. I'll simply assume they do and he can prove me wrong. I could care less if you like it or not. He's a dishonest, disingenuous, unethical and amoral scoundrel and if you choose to believe all his ridiculous utterances, more power to you. I don't.
Kudos to you, Pat. You have the patience of Job when it comes to engaging with the OP.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I've found it the best policy to be skeptical of every damned one of them until they prove me wrong. Trump has yet to take office, so we'll see what happens then. To call Trump the "biggest liar ever" may or may not be overselling it. We'll see.

You just keep holding on to that little "tax return thread", though. I"m sure it'll make you feel better.
Then show at least a slight hint of skepticism about your Trumpenfuhrer, a guy with the squirreliest ethical arrangements ever to sit in the White House and a guy who recorded lies nearly 3x faster than any other candidate in the last election (and this was going against Hillary, someone not exactly known for her veracity).

In that clusterf*ck of his first press conference in months, fact-checkers caught him lying or shading the truth ~15 times in the short time he was actually on stage. That's world-class lying in my book.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ss-conference/

I'm puzzled why you, a self-proclaimed skeptic of all politicians, is against having such a profoundly dishonest person releasing his tax returns, particularly considering his financial dealings all over the world. That's the furthest thing imaginable from being skeptical. You're about as skeptical of Trump as Kellyanne Conway is. Honestly, sometimes I think you are Kellyanne Conway.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-12-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I don't what the fuck that was yesterday at the press conference but it sure wasn't
Presidential.
They must've emptied a Office Depot of manila folders for the props alone on that table alongside the podium. Sure would've been funny to see if any of those reams of paper had anything at all printed on them.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Admin

Quote:
Then show at least a slight hint of skepticism about your Trumpenfuhrer, a guy with the squirreliest ethical arrangements ever to sit in the White House and a guy who recorded lies nearly 3x faster than any other candidate in the last election (and this was going against Hillary, someone not exactly known for her veracity).

In that clusterf*ck of his first press conference in months, fact-checkers caught him lying or shading the truth ~15 times in the short time he was actually on stage. That's world-class lying in my book.

I'm puzzled why you, a self-proclaimed skeptic of all politicians, is against having such a profoundly dishonest person releasing his tax returns, particularly considering his financial dealings all over the world. That's the furthest thing imaginable from being skeptical.
At least Trump's law firm won that coveted 'Law Firm of the Year' award from the Russian Federation.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Presidential.
Yep, both Politifact and Factcheck aren't none too sure either.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/fac...-conference-2/

Quote:
y Michael Kranish January 11 at 8:33 PM

President-elect Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday that he has “NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!”

Trump, however, has a long history with Russia, trying repeatedly to build luxury properties in Moscow, holding a beauty pageant there and benefiting from heavy investments from Russians in his properties around the world.

It is not possible to verify whether Trump does not have current deals or loans with Russian entities because he has refused to release his tax returns. But a look at Trump’s record since the 1980s shows that he and his family long have been interested in trying to do business there. The connection became a matter of curiosity during the 2016 presidential race. A Russian official was quoted saying his government had been in contact with Trump’s campaign, and the candidate repeatedly praised Russian President Vladi****mir Putin while urging the country’s leaders to hack into his opponent’s emails.

The connections go back 30 years.
-----------------------------------
“Russia is one of the hottest places in the world for investment,” the senior Trump said in 2007. “We will be in Moscow at some point.”

The following year, Trump Jr. appeared at a real estate conference in which he said the company had tried to invest in Russia. He acknowledged that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

The Trump company sold condos to Russian investors, and the senior Trump received $95 million for a Palm Beach mansion in 2008 from Russian oligarch ****Dmitry Rybolovlev, more than twice the $41 million of Trump’s original purchase price, according to property records.
Wapo

Carl
Old 01-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
They must've emptied a Office Depot of manila folders for the props alone on that table alongside the podium. Sure would've been funny to see if any of those reams of paper had anything at all printed on them.
Lots of naked girlie pictures, I bet.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
At least Trump's law firm won that coveted 'Law Firm of the Year' award from the Russian Federation.
He wants to ensure that he stays on the right side of Russian ethics laws.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
Lots of naked Putin pictures, I bet.
Fixed that for you.