Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2022, 09:37 AM

Do you dare? Political topology quiz

I took this quiz recently and was somewhat surprised by the results, as was my wife: https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...ical-typology/

Essentially, you answer a few questions, and then the program tells you roughly where you are on the political spectrum. I thought it might be fun to share and see where folks end up. Share if you dare!

Disclaimer - I did find the questions/responses in the survey somewhat "stereotypical", and there wasn't an option for me with some questions to elect the answer that I would likely give if asked the same question outside the survey. Your mileage may vary.

I don't think anyone would be surprised that I surveyed to the right of center. Here is where the survey put me:

Ambivalent Right
On issues ranging from the size of the federal government to views about business, gender and race, Ambivalent Right hold many views that are largely consistent with core conservative values. Yet they also hold more moderate stances on several social issues like abortion and same-sex marriage, and they differ from some other segments of the GOP coalition in their more internationalist view of foreign policy and less restrictive stance on immigration.

Ambivalent Right are distinct from other Republican-oriented groups in their views of Donald Trump. While large majorities of each of the other Republican-oriented groups say they feel warmly toward Trump, Ambivalent Right are much less likely to say this.