Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:38 PM

I believe in the Electoral Collage even now. Think it is a power/balancing act between large states and small.

The Dems have a hard time getting their message out, been trying to be GOP light. Lost sight of their message or fail to explain it fully to the uneducated. Forgot that people are basic in their wants and needs.

Truth be told the GOP has had it easy, just play the "Taxed to High", GOD, Birth Control, Guns, evil unions/immigrants (insert group or issue to blame for your low wages or lack of standing)... Easier to get the votes out when the message is a simple one. Get down in the weeds with any deep complex issues and the average voter looses concentration rather quickly. Geez if there is any sacrifice to be had forget about it.....

Barney
Old 11-24-2016, 11:42 PM
Admin

"A quote from Ivanka Trump surfaced Thanksgiving morning, showing her reaction to her father commenting on her appearance on a 2006 talk show.
Donald Trump, now the president-elect, has made numerous comments over the years regarding his eldest daughter's looks.
On Thanksgiving morning, journalist Sarah Kendzior tweeted out a remark from Ivanka Trump in an August 2006 "Quotables" section of The Chicago Tribune that revealed her reaction.
"If he wasn't my father, I would spray him with Mace," she said." The Hill

http://www.thehill.com/blogs/in-the-...if-he-wasnt-my

Last edited by bobabode; 11-24-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:38 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"A quote from Ivanka Trump surfaced Thanksgiving morning, showing her reaction to her father commenting on her appearance on a 2006 talk show.
Donald Trump, now the president-elect, has made numerous comments over the years regarding his eldest daughter's looks.
On Thanksgiving morning, journalist Sarah Kendzior tweeted out a remark from Ivanka Trump in an August 2006 "Quotables" section of The Chicago Tribune that revealed her reaction.
"If he wasn't my father, I would spray him with Mace," she said." The Hill

http://www.thehill.com/blogs/in-the-...if-he-wasnt-my
Oh for Fucks sake Bob. They are obviously joking around.

You know some families do that.

But not at your house huh Bob?

Old 11-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I don't totally buy this argument. Ohioans and others in red states have been voting Republican for years. The reason the Democrats don't really go after them is because they vote for the GOP all the time. Why would they target rural America if they are not voting Democrat in the first place? And these voters have sent to Congress Republicans who have for the last 8 years blocked all of the things a Democratic President wanted to do to make the country better. The forgotten man is forgetting himself. I mean the same people that voted for Trump and Obama in Michigan and Wisconsin are the same ones placing Snyder and Walker in their state houses.

Hillary still won the popular vote by just winning both coasts and Illinois and some Western states. The only thing stopping the Democrats is gerrymandering and the Electoral College.

And I would posit that the internet, right to work Southern states, and VOIP has done a ton of more damage than NAFTA when it comes to closing northern factories and sending them to Southern US states or overseas.

Obama could have easily brought jobs to the Mid-West if only those same Mid-Westerners would have not elected GOP obstructionists to Congress since 2010. Now that the GOP has Trump all of a sudden they want to actually WORK: McCarthy of California is scheduling tons of work days where Bonehead hardly had the House show up at all for their duties.

I think it is way more identity politics than economic issues. They identify with a corrupt Trump even as he castigated a crooked Hillary.
Why? It's simple, Robbin...........

If you want to win and gain long time support you HAVE to appeal to people who are skeptical of you. If you do nothing but preach to the choir the congregation will never grow.

The Democratic Party needs to figure that out because the GOP figured it out long ago.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Why? It's simple, Robbin...........

If you want to win and gain long time support you HAVE to appeal to people who are skeptical of you. If you do nothing but preach to the choir the congregation will never grow.

The Democratic Party needs to figure that out because the GOP figured it out long ago.
The thing is you can't bridge gap between the coasts and the rural areas because populism is being tainted by xenophobia. That is why Trump can't win the more urban parts of the USA that have better economies and the Democrats are not going to wave the anger flag because it goes against the core values of the Party.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
The thing is you can't bridge gap between the coasts and the rural areas because populism is being tainted by xenophobia. That is why Trump can't win the more urban parts of the USA that have better economies and the Democrats are not going to wave the anger flag because it goes against the core values of the Party.
The xenophobia of the Trump supporters is highly over hyped.

As for the Urban areas, they also contain some of the most blighted pockets of poverty anywhere in the industrialized world. Canden anyone?

Take a detour sometime and do a drive by in your beamer and see for yourself you out of touch elitist.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:59 PM

The xenophobia of the Trump supporters is what got Trump elected. Trump tapped into it in a big way and it paid off for him.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
The xenophobia of the Trump supporters is what got Trump elected. Trump tapped into it in a big way and it paid off for him.
End justifies the means if one can pay for it. Trump won, Hillary lost. Now we need to look at how instead of just why. And continuing to believe that the Dems are somehow better than the Repubs is fundamentally wrong. Hillary's loss proves this.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Keep thinking that way.

If enough of you establishments Democrats do it will insure that you get eight years of Trump instead of four.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
the Democrats are not going to wave the anger flag because it goes against the core values of the Party.
So you calling for Trump's impeachment two months before he is even inaugurated isn't waving the anger flag?

As for the "core values" of the party, all I see in the way of that is the same thing I see in the Republicans. "Do whatever it takes to stay in power, and fuck anything else. "

I used to think the Republicans were the bad guys and the Democrats were the good ones.

That changed after observing how the rotten DNC, led by the Unholy Trinity of Hillary Clinton, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and Donna Brazile conspired to rig the nomination for Hillary.

And if that wasn't enough, then I got to meet Political Chat's own Dynamic Duo of Hypocrisy and Cognitive Dissonance, Bobabode and yourself.

Now I know that the entire two party duopoly is rotten to the core.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-25-2016 at 03:51 PM.