Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Admin

North Carolina 9th District House Race

"RALEIGH, N.C. — The North Carolina State Board of Elections on Thursday ordered a new election in the 9th Congressional District, ending a dramatic, months-long investigation into allegations of widespread ballot tampering.
“It appears to me the irregularities and improprieties occurred to such an extent that they tainted the results of the entire election and cast doubt on its fairness,” said the board chairman, Bob Cordle, shortly before the five-member panel voted unanimously to throw out the November results between Republican Mark Harris and Democrat Dan McCready. “I believe the people of North Carolina deserve a fair election and deserve to have their votes counted properly.”
The board’s vote came moments after Harris admitted that he misspoke under oath earlier in the day.
Harris said he is recovering from a serious infection that led to sepsis and two strokes, which in turn affected his memory. The episode made him realize, he testified, that he was not prepared for the “rigors” of the evidentiary hearing. He called for a new election, then promptly excused himself from the proceeding." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4bbff347839a

One more House seat up for grabs. Color me astonished that NC is doing the right thing here.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:36 PM

Now imagine if there wasn't the huge media presence overseeing this fiasco, and only Faux was "reporting" on it. The original election results would stand, and be swept under the rug. Thankfully, we have "THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!", a strong and vibrant free press.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:39 PM

They be Bat $hit crazy if it were a Dem doing the cheating!
In the streets demanding Lock Him UP!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:09 PM
Ready

What odds are they giving that Harris will actually stand in the new election? Sounds like he's badly compromised and coming apart.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:05 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
What odds are they giving that Harris will actually stand in the new election? Sounds like he's badly compromised and coming apart.
"Mark Harris, the Republican nominee in a North Carolina congressional race that was tainted by ballot fraud, announced Tuesday that he will not run in the new election for the seat.
Harris said in a statement that he has decided not to seek the 9th District seat due to health problems.
“Given my health situation, the need to regain full strength, and the timing of this surgery the last week of March, I have decided not to file in the new election for Congressional District 9,” Harris said." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.8a7e7b70bbff

I'm not so sure that giving the Repubs a second bite at this apple is the right thing to do but it's a start.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Admin

"The political operative at the center of a Republican congressional campaign in North Carolina tainted by evidence of ballot fraud has been indicted by a grand jury on seven counts, a prosecutor announced Wednesday.
Leslie McCrae Dowless, who worked for Mark Harris, the Republican nominee in the state’s 9th Congressional District last year, was arrested and charged with three counts of felonious obstruction of justice, two counts of conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice and two counts of possession of absentee ballots, the Wake County district attorney’s office said." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.42ef57307c51

Dirty trickster is indicted. Sweeeeet tea!
Old 02-28-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"The political operative at the center of a Republican congressional campaign in North Carolina tainted by evidence of ballot fraud has been indicted by a grand jury on seven counts, a prosecutor announced Wednesday.
Leslie McCrae Dowless, who worked for Mark Harris, the Republican nominee in the state’s 9th Congressional District last year, was arrested and charged with three counts of felonious obstruction of justice, two counts of conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice and two counts of possession of absentee ballots, the Wake County district attorney’s office said." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.42ef57307c51

Dirty trickster is indicted. Sweeeeet tea!
Dirty trickster? He's just doing the same crap that Jerry Brown made sure was legal in California.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:32 AM

https://www.abqjournal.com/1262622/s...ain-votes.html
Old 02-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Dirty trickster? He's just doing the same crap that Jerry Brown made sure was legal in California.
Lame deflection, MAGAMoron. Yer boy in North Carolina was indicted on seven counts, five of which were related to obstruction of justice. AFAIK, obstruction of justice isn't legal in California.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Flail on, Mike.