Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:05 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,384
Ethnic stereotypes are harmful. But funny...!
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:31 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 22,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Why TF are we talking about Bibi? ....
The issue is Ilhan Omar's repeated use of anti-Semitic tropes, her references to disloyalty, and the repeated references to Benjamins (read Jewish money), influence (read Jewish power), and intelligence...
Because Bibi is personally responsible for the tactics and actions that Israel is taking that Omar (and many others) don't like and (with some justification) perceive as racist and unjust, but are being forced to keep quiet about out of fear of being labeled anti-Semitic.

Again, her comment about loyalty/allegiance was not directed at American Jews, but specifically at American politicians who demand absolute fealty to Bibi's Israel and its policies (mostly Christian conservatives). As for the "Benjamins," her comment was directed at AIPAC, a powerful, well-funded PAC whose mission has become solely the support of the Bibi/Likud faction (and silent about Bibi's political opposition (currently leading in the polls there)).

You sure are quick to squeal about anti-Semitism without taking the time to understand what it is that people object to when it comes to Israel's policies and actions (or to realize that their comments are indeed about the latter and not the former).

Meanwhile, Trump has accused you of being anti-Semitic ("Democrats hate Jewish people.")
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-11-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Ike Bana's Avatar
Ike Bana Ike Bana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Horner View Post
Anybody ever been to a McDonalds in Israel? I hear they are the only McDonalds in the world that serves the never happy meal...……..I'll let myself out...……….
Then there's the lone Israeli porn movie. It's 10 minutes long...one minute of raw sex and nine minutes of guilt.
__________________
When was the last time there was a gay-pride parade in Ramallah, a women’s rights march in Gaza, or an opposition press in Tehran?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 03-11-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Ike Bana's Avatar
Ike Bana Ike Bana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Because Bibi is personally responsible for the tactics and actions that Israel is taking that Omar (and many others) don't like and (with some justification) perceive as racist and unjust, but are being forced to keep quiet about out of fear of being labeled anti-Semitic.

Again, her comment about loyalty/allegiance was not directed at American Jews, but specifically at American politicians who demand absolute fealty to Bibi's Israel and its policies (mostly Christian conservatives). As for the "Benjamins," her comment was directed at AIPAC, a powerful, well-funded PAC whose mission has become solely the support of the Bibi/Likud faction (and silent about Bibi's political opposition (currently leading in the polls there)).

You sure are quick to squeal about anti-Semitism without taking the time to understand what it is that people object to when it comes to Israel's policies and actions (or to realize that their comments are indeed about the latter and not the former).

Meanwhile, Trump has accused you of being anti-Semitic ("Democrats hate Jewish people.")
And you don't take the time to realize that, as Tom Lehrer once observed, "...everybody hates the Jews." Lehrer was right...it's pretty much true. And I'm far from the only one who believes it. Reckon why I'm such a hard ass about this anyway? I'm only a Jew by adoption. I'm more Irish than the blonde is...and she was born there.
__________________
When was the last time there was a gay-pride parade in Ramallah, a women’s rights march in Gaza, or an opposition press in Tehran?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-11-2019, 07:16 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 22,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
And you don't take the time to realize that, as Tom Lehrer once observed, "...everybody hates the Jews." Lehrer was right...
Bullshit. Some people do and some people dislike Israel's policies. It's two different things. Similarly, one can dislike the Saudi regime's policies without being Islamophobic (much of the world), or be Islamophobic but still acquiesce to Saudi's policies (Trump).
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:52 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Then there's the lone Israeli porn movie. It's 10 minutes long...one minute of raw sex and nine minutes of guilt.
I heard 5 minutes of sex and 55 minutes of guilt.... Same ratio about.

Ever hear the one about the Christian, the Moslem, and Jew all sentenced to be guillotined in the French Revolution? Short version: the things jams both times, an inch above the neck, when they go to do the Christian and the Moslem, so they let them both go.

They get the Jew ready and he looks up and says, "You know, I think I see your problem...."
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Ike Bana's Avatar
Ike Bana Ike Bana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I heard 5 minutes of sex and 55 minutes of guilt.... Same ratio about.

Ever hear the one about the Christian, the Moslem, and Jew all sentenced to be guillotined in the French Revolution? Short version: the things jams both times, an inch above the neck, when they go to do the Christian and the Moslem, so they let them both go.

They get the Jew ready and he looks up and says, "You know, I think I see your problem...."
Or the Catholic priest, the protestant minister, and the Rabbi debating when life begins.

Priest: Life begins at the moment of conception!

Minister: Life begins at the end of the first trimester.

Rabbi (with powerful Yiddish accent): Both of you are nuts. Everybody knows, life begins when the kids go away to college!
__________________
When was the last time there was a gay-pride parade in Ramallah, a women’s rights march in Gaza, or an opposition press in Tehran?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:58 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 22,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Or the Catholic priest, the protestant minister, and the Rabbi debating when life begins.

Priest: Life begins at the moment of conception!

Minister: Life begins at the end of the first trimester.

Rabbi (with powerful Yiddish accent): Both of you are nuts. Everybody knows, life begins when the kids go away to college!
For the win!
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:08 PM
icenine's Avatar
icenine icenine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego via Vermilion Ohio and Points Between
Posts: 11,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Why TF are we talking about Bibi? I'm no fan of Bibi. Can you produce a single post of mine where I defended Bibi? He's the fucking Donald Trump of Israel politics. And his staying power, based on his aggressiveness, is only evidence of how fearful most Israelis are of their friendly neighbors who only want peace. The 90% approval rating of the IDF is similar confirmation. Are Israeli Jews paranoid. You bet they are. And it's a healthy paranoia, based in their experience. In the same way as the healthy paranoia of American blacks when it comes to a country half full of white Christian confederates that put Trump in the Whitehouse. And who have filled the Congress half full of bigot Republican politicians, Trump criminal enterprise co-conspirators.

Bibi is a convenient tangential distraction. The issue is Ilhan Omar's repeated use of anti-Semitic tropes, her references to disloyalty, and the repeated references to Benjamins (read Jewish money), influence (read Jewish power), and intelligence (read Jewish "wileyness").

Not to mention her attack on Barack Obama. Apparently his approval of drone attacks and Seal Team incursions to take out terrorists is a problem. It appears done attacks on terrorists are murder regardless of the behavior of the target.
If I remember correctly there were some rather mainstream politicians in America that were also critical of Obama's use of drones to kill terrorists, a former GOP congressman one of them.
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...e-paper-2013-2
__________________
Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:43 PM
Jack Horner's Avatar
Jack Horner Jack Horner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Outer Banks, N.C.
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
If I remember correctly there were some rather mainstream politicians in America that were also critical of Obama's use of drones to kill terrorists, a former GOP congressman one of them.
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...e-paper-2013-2
That right-winged hit piece brought the LULZ. Thanks for that I needed a chuckle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.