Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writewing View Post
But your bitching that the people dont actually know whats in the Bill while we are telling you they hid behind closed doors so the public couldnt see the sausage. doesnt your arguement strike you as odd?
I and others point to the backroom closed door deals that pissed people off and you say "no no its cause folks dont know whats in the Bill" DUUUUUH???
I know you're telling me that they "hid behind closed doors" but that's kind of bull shit. Google it. You'll find the bill and exactly what's in it. You can also find article after article explaining it in brief. The "closed door" crap would be one of those... wait for it... lies!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/...-iraq-war.html

Okay, that article explains it pretty well. If you care to actually understand.
Quote:
I and others point to the backroom closed door deals that pissed people off and you say "no no its cause folks dont know whats in the Bill" DUUUUUH???
As I said, if you care to actually understand. But you clearly do not.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
As I said, if you care to actually understand. But you clearly do not.
I read it and understand its from a Left point of view but bottom line is the Left failed now suck it up and repackage the Bill get some promised transparency and when your ready bring it back and see what happens.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
But your bitching that the people dont actually know whats in the Bill while we are telling you they hid behind closed doors so the public couldnt see the sausage. doesnt your arguement strike you as odd?
If they were so "backroom and closed door" how do you know about them?

Frankly, if the administration had been a little better about concealing the process and revealing the product they wouldn't be in the pickle they're in.

As has been said, in poll after poll when you ask people about the specific things they want to see in a health care bill they favor what's in the actual bill. Trouble is they don't know that so they oppose the bill.

John
Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 PM

I dont think they ever really intended on passing it anyway. They just use
an unpassed healthcare bill as ammunition against republicans come election
time. Hillary has been a shark at playing that card.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 PM

And Obama played it today.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I appreciate your sentiment, but I don't really think that's what happened. As I explained, I believe if "the people" know what was actually in the bill they would say "oh, that's what I want".

But we can keep saying how the Democrats for some reason that no one can explain intentionally built some bill that benefits no one, including themselves, just to fuck with us if that makes everyone feel better.

Agreed that their communication left a lot to be desired. But my guess is they were more cautious than they should have been because they *thought* they had a bullet proof majority and they knew the Republicans were, by their own admission, trying to kill the effort for political gain regardless of the harm it would do to the American people.

As I've said, it's unfortunate that the Republicans sold lies so much better than the Democrats sold their bill.
If they were so sure of what people wanted why did they put all their eggs in the super majority basket ? THats not thinking with their heads.

Sorry but I disagree with you on your what if scenario. Which people are you referring to ? Those that are on welfare or those who fund it ?

Bring both of these parties together and this world will be a much better place.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If they were so sure of what people wanted why did they put all their eggs in the super majority basket ? THats not thinking with their heads.

Sorry but I disagree with you on your what if scenario. Which people are you referring to ? Those that are on welfare or those who fund it ?

Bring both of these parties together and this world will be a much better place.
Early in this process Republicans decided that this would be Obama's waterloo. Takes two to tango. I said it a million times- there is no Health Care Reform proposal that the Republicans would agree with. They're not at all concerned about fixing the problems, only with gaining power. Perhaps now they will get on board with something so they can say they had a voice in it and the Democrats fucked everything up. But that too will be only for political gain and will have nothing to do with helping Americans.

They lied. They just lied. They sold the lies well. They spent a ton of money, got in bed with the Insurance companies and spent a million dollars a day selling lies. They did it because they didn't like the idea that someone else was running the country for a while. The shitter is that it worked. So they'll go on lying. It's a plan that has worked well for them time and again. They lied about Iraq. They lied about tax cuts. They lied about deregulation. They lied about health care. They lie.

How do you bring both parties together when one has said on the record that they will kill this just to make Obama look bad? And how does anyone who calls them self an American vote for a party who has made this claim? And finally, how then does one say they should work together!? I voted for the people who said they wanted only to make the President look bad and the President is to blame for not working with them!!!! Incredible logic!

In case anyone forgot:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...he-troops.html

Working for America! Wake up people. They're screwing you.

Last edited by Fast_Eddie; 01-22-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:10 PM

As a member of the Rightwing liars who killed Healthcare reform and is hell bent on killing many Obama policy mistakes....................your welcome
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 PM

http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf

Not exactly buried under Fort Knox.