Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2014, 07:14 AM

Retirement is the fix in?

Like all of us hopefully one day will receive SS along with other retirement funds.

Now bare with me because this is still formulating as a coherent consideration of current ongoing events.

I have been going to these "dinners" and seminars for what or how to do in retirement. Like long term care insurance annuities work later I could on and on. The wife could go at any time so we go.

A common thread in all of the pitches (sales??) is work longer save more. Well on the outside smart advise for sure. But like I told the wife after the last one Thursday, if we had waited until now to be planning we are late to the game. Number one be debt free, own your home or two. Have money in the bank.

The talk was about going onto SS at the earliest chance or waiting. Taking the spousal portion and leaving yours alone. That sorta thing. Their nudging was to work till 70. Others have been on annuities, long term care investment strategies ect....

That is when the eureka moment occurred!

THESE FINANCIAL ADVISERS JUST WANT MY MONEY! YEP!

They want me to keep it in a fund and not spend it. EVER! They don't want to pay it out but keep it, so they can keep making money off of it. Keep you working till your seventy if able, but if not then you go into a home that is probably in one of their investment portfolios. Not that the Government will be upset at the thought of someone dying before they can claim SS either!

They keep saying we are living longer. Yes we are but just how many of the years are good ones? No one of use have a crystal ball and know just how many active years are left.

So as most will agree the years have a value. Retire at 63 and have ten plus good years to enjoy. All the time living within your means. Or work till 70 then just sit at home because of aliments limiting your movements, but have plenty of money.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-18-2014 at 07:17 AM.