Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-20-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
and when I'm walking down any street, knowing that six out of every ten white people I pass are fucking Trump voters is one of the more disgusting aspects of my life.
Depends on where you live. That is certainly not the case where I live.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:00 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
Depends on where you live. That is certainly not the case where I live.

It is not true in virtually every American urban center and most of their suburbs, but true in virtually all rural areas (even in a deep blue state like Maryland).
Old 07-20-2023, 12:14 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I agree with you on this, do not believe that any amount of explanation can or will change some one's mind if their minds are made up. And those living in an echo chamber do not hear or read any contrary view points anyway, so why even bother?

My own perception is taht people without critical thinking skills like the MAGAmorons cannot ever brought around unless their belief system sinks them. Even then chances they will be looking for a scapegoat. If one buys snake oil, is it the fault of the seller making outlandish claims or the buyer. Most buyers will blame the salesman.

Putting Trump behind bars will only enrage them even further because they will still be listening only to him and his rants. But it may save the country.
Getting the Germans to renounce Nazism required slaughtering their soldiers, bombing their cities to rubble, and finally invading and occupying their country.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:04 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Getting the Germans to renounce Nazism required slaughtering their soldiers, bombing their cities to rubble, and finally invading and occupying their country.

Yep, but those actions still did not stop the Japanese from similarly renouncing their own aggressive past.
Old 07-20-2023, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yep, but those actions still did not stop the Japanese from similarly renouncing their own aggressive past.
They had a a group in charge who had the flawed hope that inflicting enough damage on the US would give them leverage in negotiations. Make the US bleed enough that there would be a push to stop the war. With the War in Europe over that is.

To accomplish this end they were more the willing to sacrifice their population....to the last man woman and child!

Scary what humans are capable of!
Old 07-20-2023, 05:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
They had a a group in charge who had the flawed hope that inflicting enough damage on the US would give them leverage in negotiations. Make the US bleed enough that there would be a push to stop the war. With the War in Europe over that is.

To accomplish this end they were more the willing to sacrifice their population....to the last man woman and child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Indeed. But what I was referring to is their unwillingness to this day, led by their Conservative Party, to acknowledge their brutal atrocities against the Chinese (e.g., Rape of Nanking) and Koreans (sex slaves (comfort women).

In a way, I guess it is not all that different from American conservatives now trying to rewrite the brutal aspects of black history or Russian conservatives glossing over the Stalinist purges and the gulags.
Old 07-20-2023, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Indeed. But what I was referring to is their unwillingness to this day, led by their Conservative Party, to acknowledge their brutal atrocities against the Chinese (e.g., Rape of Nanking) and Koreans (sex slaves (comfort women).

In a way, I guess it is not all that different from American conservatives now trying to rewrite the brutal aspects of black history or Russian conservatives glossing over the Stalinist purges and the gulags.
One of my Brothers was in Japan in the Marines and said that the locals he met did not even know about Pearl Harbor....

Only about our A Bombs dropped!

So in the 80's it was still so in Japan....
Old 07-21-2023, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
It is not true in virtually every American urban center and most of their suburbs, but true in virtually all rural areas (even in a deep blue state like Maryland).
Well...I'm pretty sure that when you're walking down the street in Opelika, that it's way more than 6 out of 10 of the white folks passing by voted for Trump. In Alabama it was 8 out of 10. In DuPage County IL (far west Chicago suburbs) it's half. In Porter County, IN (our other place) it's 7 out of 10.

The fucking point is...60% of white Americans voted twice for Trump and if he's the candidate in 2024, 60% of white Americans will vote for him again.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:

It's human nature ain't it? It's pretty much the same everywhere. Short memory for most stuff, long memory for stuff we are pissed off about. It's the same shit everywhere. And if I learned anything in my 25+ years as a direct counseling services provider, it's that everybody lies.

Humans are locusts. Big locusts with a little intelligence and way, way too much technology. Wherever we go, sooner or later, everything dies.

As Oerets said above...scary what humans are capable of!

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-21-2023 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2023, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
A mishmash of whining, except it left out Clinton's wholesale sell out to the offshoring clique and Obama giving the government to Goldman Sachs.
WTF is wrong with this guy? Hey!!! D!!! WTF...did Bill Clinton fuck your sister? Your mama? Your grandma? All three of 'em?

The offshoring has nothing to do with politicians, and everything to do with American slash and burn capitalism. And if there's anybody to blame, it's the American consumer who doesn't want to pay for what anything is worth. The corporate execs know it, and that if they want the business, their shit, or a bunch of the parts that are in their shit, is going to have to come from China, or Bangladesh, or Vietnam, or Mexico. Or the other manufacturers who went offshore is going to get the business.

Just like the politics, the economy, including the inflation is on the fucking people.

Americans want what they want.
They want it right this fucking second.
They want somebody else to pay for it.

And if they can't get somebody else to pay for it, they want it cheaper than everybody else on the block. And they won't blink at buying something that says "Made in China" on it. But no, let's blame Bill Clinton.

The major problem with the USA is the people. And mostly the poor white supremacist christian victims of immigrants, blacks, Latinos. and Asians.

You fucking plonker.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-22-2023 at 10:18 AM.