Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Loyal Opposition

Pete, I'll agree with you about one thing. There needs to be a helluva lot more trust-busting. Combinations - vertical integration, horizontal integration - are eliminating any possibility for an actual free market.

As an aside, I am loving this TR biography I'm reading now - "Theodore Rex." It is just reaching the point in his presidency where he is taking on the trusts.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Pete, I'll agree with you about one thing. There needs to be a helluva lot more trust-busting. Combinations - vertical integration, horizontal integration - are eliminating any possibility for an actual free market.

As an aside, I am loving this TR biography I'm reading now - "Theodore Rex." It is just reaching the point in his presidency where he is taking on the trusts.

Regards,

D-Ray
Maybe if the Repub House would stop cutting the budgets of the FTC, SEC,Consumer Protection they could afford to go after the big banks.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
The US government is the biggest single buyer in the world.

That's a lot of patronage.

Pete
Good for them.

Demand = Jobs.

Or should everyone, including the government, just stop spending money so the economy can finally just grind to a dead stop? We'll all just sit on our little stash of pocket change, waiting for someone to start hiring just for the hell of it?

Tell ya wut. Ima take me a shower, put on some clean jeans, squirt sumthin' sweet smellin' on ma neck and go get a steak. Yeah, it's $30 I might need when Obama sends his negro stormtroopers 'round to bust ma head and steal ma wallet. But, hey.......mebbe ita keep some single Mom waitress and a mizrable fry cook employed for another hour. I figyer I got's ta do it, 'cuz lawd knows......dis country full o' cheap muthaf**kas anymo'...........................

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Good for them.

Demand = Jobs.

Or should everyone, including the government, just stop spending money so the economy can finally just grind to a dead stop? We'll all just sit on our little stash of pocket change, waiting for someone to start hiring just for the hell of it?

Tell ya wut. Ima take me a shower, put on some clean jeans, squirt sumthin' sweet smellin' on ma neck and go get a steak. Yeah, it's $30 I might need when Obama sends his negro stormtroopers 'round to bust ma head and steal ma wallet. But, hey.......mebbe ita keep some single Mom waitress and a mizrable fry cook employed for another hour. I figyer I got's ta do it, 'cuz lawd knows......dis country full o' cheap muthaf**kas anymo'...........................Regards,
Dave
What he said
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Heck in that case why doesn't the government just send us all a check every week? Might as well be 10 grand as 1. Problem solved.

Pete
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 AM

It is a balance....

But America is great because of installment credit being available for home purchases....without the mortgage we would not be as great a nation as we are.
Just move to place where you have to pay cash for a house....you will be wanting to come back real quick.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We agree Ice. But when one can borrow too much, one crashes?

D I agree with your agreement I think it shows how powerful the financial interests are that the many monopolies exist at all. We need another accidental President

How do you like 'T Rex"?

Pete
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Resident octogenarian

Our mortgage system was/is a moral hazard waiting to happen. The broker finds you a bank and takes 1% off the top, never to be seen again. Depending on your credit score the bank takes 1, 2, or even 3% off the top , bundles your mortgage with others and sells the bundle, also never to be seen again. Then there is the title company to deal with and to sell you title insurance at an 80% commission.

If you have been dealing with Bank A for a number of years you should be able to deal directly with them for a mortgage, they should check the title and they should hold the mortgage for its life. Brokers and Title companies are simply middlemen with their hands in other people's pockets.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
We agree Ice. But when one can borrow too much, one crashes?

D I agree with your agreement I think it shows how powerful the financial interests are that the many monopolies exist at all. We need another accidental President

How do you like 'T Rex"?

Pete
electric warrior is a great album...one of the best cds I found in the Walmart $5 dollar bin last year
Old 01-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LMAO!! Awesome

Pete