in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Same sex marriages

Where do you stand ?
Old 10-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Abby Normal

I am against it.

I am not a religious nut nor a homophobic it just seems to me that the natural order of things is a the union of a man and a women.

While gays may enjoy having relations with one another there is just no future in it. (if you know what I mean)
Old 10-10-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I am against it.

I am not a religious nut nor a homophobic it just seems to me that the natural order of things is a the union of a man and a women.

While gays may enjoy having relations with one another there is just no future in it. (if you know what I mean)
Well bust my buttons, a right angle for the lefty!

When I found the "Love of my Life", I did not ask for anyones approval, I will not expect more from anyone else. Who the hell am I to tell you who you can love?

Killing is also the natural order, yes?

If there is no future in it, what does it matter, or is procreation your primary reason for loving some one?

Marriage as far as law is concerned is a business contract, and the constitution is "supposed" to protect your right to contract.

My 2 cents
Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 AM

I think it's absurd that we even have to ask. I really could give a rats ass who you get married to. But if we're going to give benefits to some for getting married, we should give them to all who get married. All men are created equal, even the gay ones.

Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Resident octogenarian

Natural order? When Florence and I married there was no possibility of us having children. Had we met when younger it would have been fine.

In my first marriage she could not bear children, should the marriage have been annuled?

The other option is to change all the laws (every last bit of them) to ensure that a "Civil Union"* guarantees all the same rights as "marriage" wouldn't that just be a fun task.

* Althought we are both christians we were married by a Celebrant, is that a "Civil Union" - all approved by the state BTW and you still need a license.

Given the number of divorces that occur the argument that it would ruin the state of marriages does not hold water.

So Hell Yes, let them marry it is the simplest solution.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Seems to me there isn't a lot about our modern lives that fits the "natural order of things". Unless you live in a cave, hunt all your food and warm yourself by the fire. Look out for that Cougar. He's eyeing you like a cut of prime meat.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:46 PM

The best quip I ever heard about the whole "gay" business was from the late, lamented, Sam Kinison-"How does one man look at another man's Big, Hairy @ss 'n' See "Love" ?!? 'Splain THAT one, to me !!!" Almost as good was the one was from an unnamed source who was a little more, uhh, delicate-"The Love That Dare Not Speak Its Name has grown Hoarse from shouting..." I PERSONALLY oppose it, & the whole "Gay" lifestyle, but as long as its not "In my face", I could care less who a person sleeps with. Stick a Wasper's Nest up yer Arse, for all I care...(grin)
Old 10-10-2009, 10:03 PM

Personally? I feel the purpose of marriage is to bring kids into the world and have a family of your own. Kinda hard to bring kids into the world if there isn't one person of each gender in the marriage.

Then again, if gays want to marry, let 'em. Why should just man-woman marriages have all the headaches?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Where do you stand ?

Though I have no controll over what some others may see fit, I'm set dead against it.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:32 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I think they ought to be afforded the same rights and privileges (and headaches) as traditional marriages but I object to the term "marriage" being used.
Probably doesn't make much sense but there you go.