Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Well, I am on salary. But I run the department. So I get some of my time back when I can. And I can't really complain about the salary. I'm not rich, but I guess I'm doing okay.

Weekend looking good! But do need to finish up a seminar I'm conducting Monday and Tuesday.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
On that note, one of Bush's deals I was in favor of was investing SS money in the stock market. I was dead wrong on that one. Thank God the Democrats killed that idea. We'd be in much, much tougher shape right now.
The government has a bunch of retirement funds, etc, etc invested in the market, and they took a beating too. They don't stuff it in their mattress, not the government...they invest it like everyone else.

Now some of the politicians might keep some misc funds in their freezer while they're coming up with a plan to hide it offshore, but that's a different story.

Chas
Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Well, I am on salary. But I run the department. So I get some of my time back when I can. And I can't really complain about the salary. I'm not rich, but I guess I'm doing okay.

Weekend looking good! But do need to finish up a seminar I'm conducting Monday and Tuesday.
Any more, if you have a job, much less one that requires 55 hrs a week, you're in damn good shape.

Chas
Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post
Glad to see my Yin & Yang are back in balance, ya'll were fuckin' up my Qi for a bit there
Whazza Qi? While I've been to Arkansas and the county fair, that's a new one on me.

Now I am hep on Yang and Ying...had a couple of them in felt slip mats. Gave 'em away and got an EP non felt mat...sticks to a glass platter like glue.

Chas
Old 10-09-2009, 04:19 PM

I think "Qi" has something to do with the fact that EVERY Chinese restaurant has a bigazz functional fishtank in it...I think.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Now some of the politicians might keep some misc funds in their freezer while they're coming up with a plan to hide it offshore, but that's a different story.

Chas

You mean Charlie Rangel ? Heh...

Last edited by painter; 10-09-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
[B]

Probably should have as he saved the world from a depression.
Nah. Just postponed it. The bill is coming due.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Want something to complain about? Today's WasPost has an article about some lobbyists wanting to represent the gummint of Sudan. Someone please explain to me how the Sudanese gummint is covered by the "right to seek redress".
Old 10-10-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Whazza Qi? While I've been to Arkansas and the county fair, that's a new one on me.

Now I am hep on Yang and Ying...had a couple of them in felt slip mats. Gave 'em away and got an EP non felt mat...sticks to a glass platter like glue.

Chas
Qi

Ch'i or qi (pronounced "chee" and henceforth spelled "chi") is the Chinese word used to describe "the natural energy of the Universe."

May the "Force" be with you
Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Want something to complain about? Today's WasPost has an article about some lobbyists wanting to represent the gummint of Sudan. Someone please explain to me how the Sudanese gummint is covered by the "right to seek redress".
Perhaps the "World" community thinks "we" (USA) the world police need to take care of Darfur, and as we are now a world community, all parties have a right to redress. Come on, Merry, keep up with the changes, they comin' hard and fast!!