Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:00 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
The tone arm seems really complicated. It was bouncing off the LP until I turned the little dial that is in front of the counter weight (not the counterweight dial or weight itself). The little dial that goes from 0 to 3. The cartridge is brown and says M+1 on it.
Anti-Skate......Grado Cart------An OLD one.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Banned

Friend's garage score...or maybe not. My friend dragged me into his garage and said, "Please take these away, I don't want them." The parents of a friend of his were downsizing and asked him to take them. And he asked me to take them. A pair of JBL L60T speakers. In fine shape but needing a foam job...which I can do. They look pretty much like these but with the rotted out surrounds. Cost, $0. They don't look like much to me, but maybe somebody here has an opinion.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Banned

This is some of the hardware I've picked up mostly at estate sales and eBay over the last 20-25 years or so. Except for the turntable which I bought new in the late 70's.

-edit- Is there any way to make the pic go right side up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0620151103.jpg (54.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Ready

Testing rotated pic. I punched it up a little too....

Looks like a true AKer's system. Over time, lots of pieces accumulate. It gets sort of complex. In my living room I've got 18 electronic items (including the TV, modem and router, and a couple of switchboxes), and two sets of speakers, and a sub.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ikes stereo.jpg (186.4 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by donquixote99; 06-22-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:26 PM

Is that a Martin Logan speaker?

Sort of looks like the ones they sell at Best Buy.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:29 PM

OK I put in a new speaker relay on the Luxman and it has worked for a week now no cuts (it would cut out a lot before so I think the relay was the problem).

My solder job is hugely embarrassing because two of the six legs of the relay will not fit in the holes...the old relay will sit perfectly...so the relay is sort of like a house on stilts and the legs that do not fit are very poorly soldered ....more covering a manhole that going through the hole so to speak.

But it works

leave it be? what is the trick to pulling the legs through a pcb hole withoug breaking the board or relay (or cap)?
Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Is that a Martin Logan speaker?

Sort of looks like the ones they sell at Best Buy.
One day about three years ago we walked into Salvage One in Chicago, an architectural salvage outfit just northwest of the loop. This pair of Infinity Composition Prelude PFR speakers from the early 1990's were sitting in a corner covered in drywall joint compound dust. I bought them for 100 bucks and re-foamed all 12 lower and upper mid drivers. Best damn speakers I've ever owned and I've owned KEF, B&W, Linn, Dynaudio, Totem, Fried, Ohm Walsh 4's, and big old Advents, among others.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-22-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Testing rotated pic. I punched it up a little too....

Looks like a true AKer's system. Over time, lots of pieces accumulate. It gets sort of complex. In my living room I've got 18 electronic items (including the TV, modem and router, and a couple of switchboxes), and two sets of speakers, and a sub.

Much obliged. Only four of the pieces are actually running though. The AGI pre-amp, Carver,amp on the bottom, Rotel CD player, and the Linn Sondek.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 AM
Rational Anarchist

To have meaning nixies and scope must glow.

Last edited by nailer; 06-23-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:00 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Friend's garage score...or maybe not. My friend dragged me into his garage and said, "Please take these away, I don't want them." The parents of a friend of his were downsizing and asked him to take them. And he asked me to take them. A pair of JBL L60T speakers. In fine shape but needing a foam job...which I can do. They look pretty much like these but with the rotted out surrounds. Cost, $0. They don't look like much to me, but maybe somebody here has an opinion.
I have the L80t3 and the L100t3. Really nice speakers. I'd take a chance on re foaming them.