Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
In the words of your eloquent leader, this is a teaching moment for democrats. The public has had enough of unfair politics and allowing the people they elect to be recalled on an opportunist and partisan whim rather than voted out of office like it is supposed to work. The people of Wisconsin understand that everyone needs to take some medicine to get the financial health of the state back on track. Tolerating a lot of union b.s. has fallen out of fashion and that's trouble for the democrats.

Make up all the excuses you like to avoid facing the truth, but people vote with their wallets. You lost this election twice. Nobody was much interested in supporting shenanigans as usual in Wisconsin when their governor has been making the tough calls to turn the state around... and it has apparently been working. People near the edges and on the fences are abandoning the fight. They don't have a heart in this election.

This fall the pundits may all be looking back to the Wisconsin recall vote as having been a bellweather for Obama's defeat and whatever losses the dems suffer in congress.

I'd be scared if I were you.
You're ignoring one little bit of pertinent information. The voters in Wisconsin handed the State Senate back to the Democrats. Sorry to pop your bubble but Walker has had his day and won't be able to continue on his wacky crusade of bending the unions over a barrel...try Valium or Placidyl for what ails you.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
question is who writes the bill that needs to be passed? Am i being ignorant?
Always.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You're ignoring one little bit of pertinent information. The voters in Wisconsin handed the State Senate back to the Democrats.
But it might flip back in November. The Democrats only have a 1 seat majority now and there is at least one seated Democrat who will probably lose come the fall.

John
Old 06-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
But it might flip back in November. The Democrats only have a 1 seat majority now and there is at least one seated Democrat who will probably lose come the fall.

John
I hope not.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Admin

It would be nice for the Prez to drop in to Madison to show some solidarity with Wisconsins democrats while stumping this fall.

I happened to agree with one of DJs posts as wacked as that sounds although for different reasons, of that you can be sure.

The Prez rightly didn't show up for the recall campaign. No matter that the out of state big money poured in by many magnitudes over what was gathered by the pro recall forces. Obama took the high road during the recall and didn't meddle in an attempt by Wisconsins to redress the wrongs being commited against them by their governor.

The wingnuts took it as a sign of weakness but that's just how they view ethics in government. Winner take all politics has no room for such considerations and constraints. No surprise there given that Grover Nordquist is their hero.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Deserting one of his core constituencies is the 'high road'?

Pete
Old 06-11-2012, 01:40 PM

I have a hard time buying that the Prez doesn't want to meddle in state affairs, given that he's more than willing to jump right in to other very small issues he has no place in, such as the beer summit.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I have a hard time buying that the Prez doesn't want to meddle in state affairs, given that he's more than willing to jump right in to other very small issues he has no place in, such as the beer summit.
The "beer summit"? You're kidding, right?

John
Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Deserting one of his core constituencies is the 'high road'?

Pete
You'd rather he publicly supported the recall despite his conviction that the governor's actions didn't meet the standards set forth in the WI law? I'd consider that a principled decision, something Republican politicians have precious little acquaintance with.

By the way, that seems to be the opinion of a significant percentage of Wisconsin voters so, in that sense, Walker didn't win. Recall lost.

John