Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Somehow, that aspect of the campaign escaped me. I was unaware that they did that. But it doesn't suprise me at all. All of that pandering to "Christian Values" always did feel really fake to me. Amazing, how quick Baboons will turn on anyone who slows the troop, isn't it?

Dave
Here is a bit on it. My bad on the timing. It appears it happened during the mid-terms.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/fir...-their-church/
Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
If you want a party that embraces Christian values, the Dems' for you

Pete
Actually, I'd say it's neither. That BOTH parties use religion as a tool, but Republicans just seem to be a bit better at it.

However, a lot of people still seem to believe the lie that Republicans somehow better embody the teachings of Christ. I struggle to see how. I don't recall reading about Jesus spewing hate at poor people, celebrating war, idolizing the greedy or telling the sick to get off their lazy asses and get their own insurance. Just doesn't seem to fit his persona at all.

Dave
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM

I think the communist manipulators moved back and forth between the parties. This is for sure: When it comes down to starting the final fight you definitely want the rednecks on your side. I would cozy up to the rednecks, too. Of course I am one so I can do it with a clean conscience. How others can use people like that is beyond my comprehension.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Area Man

"I’m begging you, your right to religion and freedom to exercise religion and read all of the passages of the Bible as you want to read them and as your church wants to preach them . . . are going to come under the ropes in the next year. If it lasts that long it will be the next year. I beg you, look for the words ‘social justice’ or ‘economic justice’ on your church Web site. If you find it, run as fast as you can. Social justice and economic justice, they are code words. Now, am I advising people to leave their church? Yes!”

See, the alarmism amazes me.

"I’m begging you, your right to religion and freedom to exercise religion and read all of the passages of the Bible as you want to read them and as your church wants to preach them . . . are going to come under the ropes in the next year. If it lasts that long it will be the next year."

Okay, so HAS IT?

Ummmm..............Nope.

We've also not seen the double dip that was supposed to happen four, three, two, one....................Well, I guess it might happen...........someday.........Maybe next year? Or in the 2030s?

Nor has the federal government enacted Marshall Law and seized control of all of our cities. Nor have any "law abiding citizens" had their guns confiscated. Nor has the UN invaded Texas...............................

But, they just keep falling for it, over and over and over again.

Dave
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
I think the communist manipulators moved back and forth between the parties. This is for sure: When it comes down to starting the final fight you definitely want the rednecks on your side. I would cozy up to the rednecks, too. Of course I am one so I can do it with a clean conscience. How others can use people like that is beyond my comprehension.
Why not, the racists clearly did.

Dave
Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Why not, the racists clearly did.

Dave
What are you talking about? I don't want to hear shit about racists. Rednecks don't have a monopoly on racism. The world is full of people that would rather not deal with people that aren't just like them. Shit man, you bash rednecks every chance you get.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Area Man

Quote:
This is for sure: When it comes down to starting the final fight you definitely want the rednecks on your side. I would cozy up to the rednecks, too. Of course I am one so I can do it with a clean conscience.
I used to be one. Hell, I used to be a Republican. Then I joined the Navy and saw the world as it really is. Now, I really have a hard time bringing myself to "cozy up" to either group. It just seems like I'd be giving myself a self administered lobotomy.

Dave
Old 05-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I used to be one. Hell, I used to be a Republican. Then I joined the Navy and saw the world as it really is. Now, I really have a hard time bringing myself to "cozy up" to either group. It just seems like I'd be giving myself a self administered lobotomy.

Dave
hehe.

Bottom line: It takes numbers to get things done in American politics. If the thing you want to get done is starting a fight, then the numbers you want are rednecks.

Besides, rednecks have better music.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Area Man

Quote:
1) What are you talking about? I don't want to hear shit about racists. 2) Rednecks don't have a monopoly on racism. 3) The world is full of people that would rather not deal with people that aren't just like them. 4) Shit man, you bash rednecks every chance you get.
1) Too bad. You're going to hear it, because it's the truth.

2) No, they sure don't have a "monopoly". But, they sure do have more than their fair share.

3) The basis for a lot of the worlds problems.

4) They make fun of themselves constantly and I'd say their right.

Dave
Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K2OZUgGqkw