Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/...ld-trump-crazy

Poor Donny.... Can't handle the competition.
Can we have the Cliff Notes version? There's no way I can listen to Trump for an hour and a half.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Persona non grata

The Trump haters have been playing this "Trump is done" tune over and over like a broken record for months.

But much to their chagrin he's still in the lead.

Back in September they were saying that Snarly had done him in. Well, look where Snarly is now. Three percent compared to Trumps 24.8%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-3823.html

Get back to me when, and if you have some poll numbers that will back it up.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-13-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Admin

We all owe a 'yoooge' debt of gratitude to Bill Clinton for encouraging Donald Trump to singlehandedly destroy the Republican brand.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:37 PM

It looks like we have a nativist and a 700 Club type threatening to destroy Cleveland and the GOP next August. If either one makes it past South Carolina omg (oh my gosh!) its going to get ugly for the Republicans.

If I was Kasich or Bush I would go to New Hampshire now and knock on every single door until February and say if you don't want Hillary then you better not vote for Carson or Trump, over and over and over again. I would not even get on the same stage with them for another debate. THAT might scare some GOPers.

But then again it is 2015.

Last edited by icenine; 11-13-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
The Trump haters have been playing this "Trump is done" tune over and over like a broken record for months.

But much to their chagrin he's still in the lead.

Back in September they were saying that Snarly had done him in. Well, look where Snarly is now. Three percent compared to Trumps 24.8%.

Get back to me when, and if you have some poll numbers that will back it up.

Poll numbers are one thing.... But watching him have a melt down during a political campaign speech is far more entertaining. 😄
Old 11-13-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
It looks like we have a nativist and a 700 Club type threatening to destroy Cleveland and the GOP next August. If either one makes it past South Carolina omg (oh my gosh!) its going to get ugly for the Republicans.

If I was Kasich or Bush I would go to New Hampshire now and knock on every single door until February and say if you want don't want Hillary then you better not vote for Carson or Trump, over and over and over again. I would not even get on the same stage with them for another debate. THAT might scare some GOPers.

But then again it is 2015.
Except Christie is working NH very hard, so there is another obstacle for Bush and Kasich to contend with. IMO, both are pretty much washed up unless they go into hiding and surface six months from now.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
At the rate he is going, Trump would have flamed out by then when Romney enters the race.
Right.

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-surges-a...213521679.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After a week in which he hosted Saturday Night Live and stood center-stage at a Republican debate, Donald Trump is surging among Republicans likely to cast votes in the party’s presidential primary.

According to the five-day rolling Reuters/Ipsos presidential poll, Trump has leapt some 17 percentage points among likely Republican voters since Nov. 6, when he was essentially tied with Ben Carson at about 25 percent. Trump now captures 42 percent of those voters while Carson has fallen off slightly.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Persona non grata

“Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated”

http://www.umass.edu/newsoffice/arti...-trump-and-ben

Quote:
AMHERST, Mass. – Donald Trump and Ben Carson have a dominating lead over the rest of the field of Republican presidential candidates, and should either of them drop out of the primary race the other stands to benefit the most, according to a new UMass Poll released today by the University of Massachusetts Amherst.

Overall, Trump leads the Republican field with 31 percent of likely Republican voters listing him as their first choice, based on a nationwide online survey of 318 likely Republican primary voters conducted by YouGov America under the direction of the UMass Poll from Nov. 5-13. Carson comes in second at 22 percent, followed by Senators Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio at 13 percent and 9 percent, respectively. No other candidate was able to garner 5 percent support.

The poll also asked the second choice preference among respondents, and 36 percent of Trump supporters named Carson as their secondary choice, while Trump is the second choice preference among 30 percent of those backing Carson, indicating that if one of those two candidates were to leave the race the other would benefit significantly.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Jigsawed

The reason is .... immigration. A significant section of repubs feel strongly about this issue and view the other candidates as mealy-mouthed.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Persona non grata

TRUMP UBER ALLES!

http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/iron-trum...-in-new-polls/

Quote:
Donald Trump is proving himself an iron man in the political endurance race for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

Three new polls show the billionaire extending a healthy lead over retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson.

A five-day rolling poll by Reuters showed Trump winning 36 percent of Republican primary voters to Carson’s 14.6 percent.
A University of Massachusetts survey tallied the two at 31 percent and 22 percent respectively.
A Morning Consult poll released Tuesday gave found the real-estate mogul pulling in 38 percent to Carson’s 19 percent.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/iron-trum...KzzyiseAL7L.99

Three new national polls out that show Trumps lead has gotten wider.

Yet "Real Clear Politics" is not including them.

Just more evidence of the anti-Trump conspiracy.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-18-2015 at 03:42 PM.