Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Persona non grata

I'm a Democrat and It's Time for Our Party to Apologize to America

Full disclosure. It is the author saying he's a Democrat. Not me. I want nothing to do with these crybaby losers.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/03/01...logize-america

Quote:
Now that President Trump has delivered his State of the Union-style address, my fellow Democrats are settling in for a long fight. Our new DNC Chairman Tom Perez is leading the charge, promising to be a “nightmare” for the president and his fellow Republicans.

The reason is clear: Mr. Perez tastes political blood in the water. Trump’s approval rating is at historic lows, hammered by allegations of Russian collusion, a contentious immigration ban, and emotional Twitter outbursts.

Yet smart Democrats know that our position with the American people is just as weak. We hold the fewest number of state legislatures, governorships, and federal offices than at any point since the 1920s. And it’s a trend that started well before the 2016 election.

In short, America isn’t buying what Democrats are selling.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Admin

No surprise you've turned into a bitter old Fox News consumer, TJ. Otherwise you'd have to acknowledge that your 'Grifter in Chief' Der Trumpenfurher was playing you for a sap and a mark.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:19 PM

Sometimes you need to figure out whether it is the sales pitch, or the salesman/woman that the client did not buy.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:00 PM

I think both parties need to apologize for decades of lying to and cheating the American people. Remember, they only need you at election time, so they suck up to you and once they get voted in it's full steam ahead with the status quo.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post
I think both parties need to apologize for decades of lying to and cheating the American people. Remember, they only need you at election time, so they suck up to you and once they get voted in it's full steam ahead with the status quo.
Agreed. It's one political establishment with two different names and slightly differing agendas.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:32 PM

Give Congress term limits, inability to lobby anything at all post term, give them the same retirement as real people, SS + Medicare, fixed.

Carl
Old 03-01-2017, 05:33 PM

And "eff" Fox News.

Carl
Old 03-01-2017, 07:04 PM

Donald Trump Is Tarnishing America’s Brand

Quote:
It’s not just many Americans who are rightly troubled by these developments. Our allies and partners overseas must surely wonder about the state of our democracy and our commitment to universal values. We need not wonder, however, about the reaction of the club of dictators, who now have a powerful shield against Washington’s criticism. The next time a U.S. ambassador condemns a government leader for threatening judicial independence or press freedom, that leader will simply assert they are little different from President Trump. For years, America has influenced the world not just through the example of its power but also the power of its example. These are not examples we want the world to emulate.
This piece is from Shadow Government and is as such partisan.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/01/...-brand-shadow/
Old 03-01-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:

AG Sessions Says DOJ to ‘Pull Back’ on Police Department Civil Rights Suits
by Pete Williams
Feb 28 2017, 1:52 pm ET

Donald Trump's attorney general said Tuesday the Justice Department will limit its use of a tactic employed aggressively under President Obama — suing police departments for violating the civil rights of minorities.

"We need, so far as we can, to help police departments get better, not diminish their effectiveness. And I'm afraid we've done some of that," said Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"So we're going to try to pull back on this," he told a meeting of the nation's state attorneys general in Washington.

Sessions said such a move would not be "wrong or insensitive to civil rights or human rights." Instead, he said people in poor and minority communities must feel free from the threat of violent crime, which will require more effective policing with help from the federal government.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-civil-n726826
No surprises here that Coretta was right.

Carl
Old 03-01-2017, 09:04 PM

More effective cooperative community policing, not the adversarial unaccountable stuff.