Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Persona non grata

Ryan's Healthcare plan.

When I retired I kept the BCBS employer group plan that I had, but I have to pay the whole thing, so it's costing me a shitload of money. Obummercare gave me no help whatsoever.

This plan of Ryan's seems to indicate that I will be eligible for a subsidy.

If that's the case I'm all in for it.

Of course the Devil will be in the details.

And both parties seem to agree on one principle. "Whatever you do, do it in such a way as to screw Tom Joad".

http://paulryan.house.gov/healthcare/pcaqanda.htm#3

Quote:
Americans who like their employer-sponsored health benefits will be able to keep what they have. But individual Americans should make that decision – instead of falling victim to arbitrary tax rules or staying in a job only because they can’t afford to lose their health insurance. Tax breaks should go directly to every individual with a health insurance plan. This will give hardworking Americans the control and the freedom to choose how best to spend their hard earned dollars when it comes to choosing health care for their families.

Quote:
If you have health insurance through your employer, nothing will change. For most Americans, the tax credit they will receive will cover the premiums for employer-provided health benefits they currently receive,
Old 02-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
When I retired I kept the BCBS employer group plan that I had, but I have to pay the whole thing, so it's costing me a shitload of money. Obummercare gave me no help whatsoever.
Former House Speaker John Boehner predicted on Thursday that a full repeal and replace of Obamacare is “not going to happen.”

Boehner, who resigned in 2015 amid unrest among conservatives, said at an Orlando health care conference that the idea that a repeal-and-replace plan would blitz through Congress is just “happy talk.”

Instead, he said changes to former President Barack Obama’s signature legislative achievement would likely be relatively modest.

“[Congressional Republicans are] going to fix Obamacare – I shouldn’t call it repeal-and-replace, because it’s not going to happen,” he said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...blicans-235303

Ryan doesn't have a plan. He has a bunch of talking points. Unless and until it is reduced to legislative language, debated, voted upon and passed, he's got nothing.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Former House Speaker John Boehner predicted on Thursday that a full repeal and replace of Obamacare is “not going to happen.”

Boehner, who resigned in 2015 amid unrest among conservatives, said at an Orlando health care conference that the idea that a repeal-and-replace plan would blitz through Congress is just “happy talk.”

Instead, he said changes to former President Barack Obama’s signature legislative achievement would likely be relatively modest.

“[Congressional Republicans are] going to fix Obamacare – I shouldn’t call it repeal-and-replace, because it’s not going to happen,” he said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...blicans-235303

Ryan doesn't have a plan. He has a bunch of talking points. Unless and until it is reduced to legislative language, debated, voted upon and passed, he's got nothing.
Let's be honest Finn.

You just made this post because you want to piss on my parade.

I'm going to be watching this Health care reform closely.

If it puts a few extra Shekels in my pocket, then I'm gonna love it.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-23-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Let's be honest Finn.

You just made this post because you want to piss on my parade.
Nope. If you were on fire, I wouldn't piss on you. My point was that Ryan doesn't have a "plan." He has a series of talking points.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Nope. If you were on fire, I wouldn't piss on you.
Neither would I on you.

Unless I could piss gasoline.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:40 PM

I've said it before Tom that Healthcare should be a right not a costly privilege, now that my wife is a resident of Australia she gets to see the doctor with no out of pocket payment, she has had all her annual checkups with associated blood work. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and it's now under control after regularly seeing an endocrinologist, all without paying a penny out of pocket.

Having 2% of your taxable income go towards UHC is fantastic, she said it's so nice not to have to worry about being sick or going to the doctor and end up racking up thousands in bills.

It's a total shame that the U.S. can't get such a system, and people on the street in the U.S. are brainwashed into thinking that UHC is the devil.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:

This plan of Ryan's seems to indicate that I will be eligible for a subsidy.

If that's the case I'm all in for it.

Of course the Devil will be in the details.

And both parties seem to agree on one principle. "Whatever you do, do it in such a way as to screw Tom Joad".

http://paulryan.house.gov/healthcare/pcaqanda.htm#3
Are you paying for a younger family member?
Old 02-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post
I've said it before Tom that Healthcare should be a right not a costly privilege, now that my wife is a resident of Australia she gets to see the doctor with no out of pocket payment, she has had all her annual checkups with associated blood work. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and it's now under control after regularly seeing an endocrinologist, all without paying a penny out of pocket.

Having 2% of your taxable income go towards UHC is fantastic, she said it's so nice not to have to worry about being sick or going to the doctor and end up racking up thousands in bills.

It's a total shame that the U.S. can't get such a system, and people on the street in the U.S. are brainwashed into thinking that UHC is the devil.
Couldn't agree with you more.

However the asshole Republicans will scream "Communism!"

And the asshole Democrats will scream "Unicorns and Pixie Dust!".
Old 02-23-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post

Most Americans do not know what UHC even means.
You are correct however in a deep-grained resistance to socialized medicine that may be going away among average Americans but is still wholeheartedly opposed by the power elites that Ryan represents.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
but is still wholeheartedly opposed by the power elites that Ryan represents.
And naysayers like you that supported the "Single Payer is Pixie Dust" candidate.

Don't think for a minute I'm going to let you forget that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7zJF-0Qkc

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-23-2017 at 02:57 PM.