Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Persona non grata

You Can’t Fight Trump Without Understanding The Anti-Globalization Movement

Actually why would I want to fight Trump?

I'm all for anti-Globalisation and anti-interventionism.

This is a lot of the reason why I see Trump as a better choice than Clinton would have been.

http://www.newslogue.com/debate/332/CaitlinJohnstone

Quote:
Trump, like Sanders, and like all progressives who are worth a damn, is an anti-globalist. He opposes the way multinational corporations and banks have used legislation, war, and predatory trade deals to subvert the needs of the nation to powerful elites who are not limited by or loyal to it. You cannot understand the Trump movement without understanding globalism and the anti-globalization movement, and most Democrats don’t. Anti-globalization was the crux of Trump’s entire campaign, and most liberals are still squealing about racism and sexism as the thing that got him elected. This is wrong, and the rank-and-file left will be unable to mount any meaningful grassroots counteroffensive until this changes.

I doubt any of the hyperventilating Democrats who are breathlessly gasping that Trump is the next Adolf Hitler have taken a moment to reflect on the fact that Hitler was not exactly the posterboy for non-interventionism. Trump has been advocating non-interventionism so extensively that some critics have been accusing him of isolationism, which, if you haven’t figured it out yet, is kind of the exact opposite of trying to conquer the world and make everyone look like Ryan Gosling. Non-interventionism happens to be an essential part of both the progressive and anti-globalist movements; if you support America’s policy of military interventionism and world-policing, you are not progressive, you are a war hawk like Clinton and Bush.

So get clear on where you stand. If you think the US should be invading other countries to advance corporatist interests, if you like the idea of trade deals that allow corporations to sue governments in private tribunals judged and decided by corporate lawyers if that government’s environmental regulations hurt corporate profits, if you’re fine with American jobs being shipped overseas to be done in sweat shops by people toiling under brutal conditions for pennies on the dollar to line some plutocrat’s pockets, if you’re fine with corporations being able to cripple unions by threatening to move the business to Mexico if workers demand a reasonable wage, if you approve of a few elites manipulating entire economies and rigging the way we feed ourselves and generate energy for their own benefit, then you’re a globalist, and you should support the Clintons and the Schumers and the Pelosis if you like the letter ‘D’ or the Bushes and McCains and Grahams if you prefer the letter ‘R’.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-09-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Admin

Let me hear your balalaika ringin' out...
Old 02-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Let me hear your balalaika ringin' out...
And along comes Bob, the thread shittin DNC shill.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Admin

Whine, whine, whine - spodiodeo. When are you moving to St. Petersberg?
Old 02-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Opposing globalization is like opposing gravity. Only dimwitted fools or Trump supporters (I think I just repeated myself) believe that we can turn back the hands of time to post-WWII America when we were the only intact industrial power in the world.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Opposing globalization is like opposing gravity. Only dimwitted fools or Trump supporters (I think I just repeated myself) believe that we can turn back the hands of time to post-WWII America when we were the only intact industrial power in the world.
Maybe that's why Trump wants to renew the nuclear arms race? Of course, he doesn't realize that America will be in smoking ruins along with every other nuclear power.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Maybe that's why Trump wants to renew the nuclear arms race? Of course, he doesn't realize that America will be in smoking ruins along with every other nuclear power.
At least we and the rest of the world won't have to worry about Global Warming anymore thanks to Nuclear Winter.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
When are you moving to St. Petersberg?
I don't know.

Maybe I will.

I was born and raised just a few miles up the road from there.

I miss the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmpeBUXT5Rw

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-09-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Actually why would I want to fight Trump?

I'm all for anti-Globalisation and anti-interventionism.

This is a lot of the reason why I see Trump as a better choice than Clinton would have been.

http://www.newslogue.com/debate/332/CaitlinJohnstone
No one can prevent globalization unless you are in a command economy. High tariffs can make this more difficult but not impossible.

As for anti-interventionism, why does Trump want to spend even more for defense. We are not under attack from any foreign power, now or in any foreseeable future.

Better equipping the armed forces does not really help fighting terrorism either.

So Trump or Clinton, same difference. It's the mighty MIC and every Senator is beholden to them.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
No one can prevent globalization unless you are in a command economy. High tariffs can make this more difficult but not impossible.

As for anti-interventionism, why does Trump want to spend even more for defense. We are not under attack from any foreign power, now or in any foreseeable future.

Better equipping the armed forces does not really help fighting terrorism either.

So Trump or Clinton, same difference. It's the mighty MIC and every Senator is beholden to them.
Even St. Berne?