Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Could be that the common man could consider his health his on responsibility rather than the government as well.
I'm sure most men feel that way. But few men, perhaps 1% of the population actually makes enough to pay for his own healthcare.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
I'm sure most men feel that way. But few men, perhaps 1% of the population actually makes enough to pay for his own healthcare.
Actually, they might, if they paid into a fund for it starting at age 18. Of course, some would get into an expensive bout of cancer and run the fund dry late in life, and some would get into a bad car wreck at age 22 and be fucked, cost-wise as well as having a busted body.

Insurance, done right, has some advantages.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:42 PM

Freedom is the right to work your ass off and die penniless in the gutter of preventable/ curable disease or injury.
Is this a great country, or what?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Tell me about it. Cost me $23,000 last year. And, that was with insurance.

I was on Obamacare, but my wife got a job in the early summer and busted us out of the subsidy. So, I have to pay them $11,000 back because she made $20,000. Add, that to the $4851 that I paid for the Obamacre premium for 11 months. Then a supposedly routine colonoscopy except I lost 4 units of blood and it cost $35,000 to fix it. Of course, the doctor takes no responsibility for botching that. So, add another $6700 max out of pocket.

No, I have no problem with one payer, Medicare for everybody or whatever.

The way it is set up right now there is a disincentive to work unless you have employee insurance.

We do now with my wife's job which costs about $400 a month. But, we got clobbered last year.

Next year I will be on Medicare. Hate to wish my life a way, but I can't wait.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:

I was on Obamacare, but my wife got a job in the early summer and busted us out of the subsidy. So, I have to pay them $11,000 back because she made $20,000. Add, that to the $4851 that I paid for the Obamacre premium for 11 months. Then a supposedly routine colonoscopy except I lost 4 units of blood and it cost $35,000 to fix it. Of course, the doctor takes no responsibility for botching that. So, add another $6700 max out of pocket.

No, I have no problem with one payer, Medicare for everybody or whatever.

The way it is set up right now there is a disincentive to work unless you have employee insurance.

We do now with my wife's job which costs about $400 a month. But, we got clobbered last year.

Next year I will be on Medicare. Hate to wish my life a way, but I can't wait.
Of course not. You'll sign up as soon as you are eligible, like 99% of everyone does because it's awesome. No need for a mandate like that piece of shit Obummercare.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:

Obummercare is a piece of shit. I can't say that often enough.

http://progressivearmy.com/2017/02/1...ated-the-left/

Quote:
Programs like the Affordable Care Act live and die on manipulated numbers. They want me to celebrate that 90% of Americans have health insurance thanks to the ACA. But they also want me to ignore that around 40% of those people do not actually get the care they need because their premiums, deductibles, and copays are too high.