Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:55 AM

Not going to London and it is Obama's fault!

Trump canceled his upcoming trip to dedicate the new Embassy in London.

Now hear the reason as to why........https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/trump-...tion-decision/

“Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!” Trump tweeted.

Yes it is Obama's fault for selling the old one and building a new one in a bad location.

Trump's never one to let the truth get in the way of bashing Obama. For was it not the junior Bush who made the deal to move the embassy with safety in mind.

""Actually, it was then-President George W. Bush’s State Department that in 2008 decided to move the embassy for security reasons.""

Like any with at least a half a brain will see thru this to the real reason as to why......

Barney
Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 AM

Louis Susman, Obama appointee, is the guy who made the deal to sell the old embassy to a Qatar real estate group (Qatar gov controlled, of course).
Do some research on the real estate holdings Qatar has in England, it's quite extensive.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 AM

CNN, ""The decision to move the embassy from Grosvenor Square to Nine Elms was made in 2008 under George W. Bush, not Obama. It would have been impossible to retrofit the aging concrete building with the security measures needed, officials said at the time. ""

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politi...ntl/index.html

Much like the blaming Obama for the ""Stimulus Package"" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom...us_Act_of_2008??

Obama's got the talent of time travel it so seems in the GOP universe....

Barney
Old 01-12-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Trump canceled his upcoming trip to dedicate the new Embassy in London.

Like any with at least a half a brain will see thru this to the real reason as to why......

Barney
Quote:
Ed Miliband, the former Labour Party leader, responded to Mr. Trump’s announcement on Twitter, saying: “Nope. It’s because nobody wanted you to come. And you got the message.”
Quote:
Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, said the president’s tweet made clear that it had been a mistake for Mrs. May to move so quickly to extend the invitation to Mr. Trump last year. “It appears that President Trump got the message from the many Londoners who love and admire America and Americans but find his policies and actions the polar opposite of our city’s values of inclusion, diversity and tolerance,” he tweeted.
The brutal UK media would have made a mockery of Dotard's state visit and I am sure the Queen and Mrs. May are quietly thanking the British public for keeping the moron away and saving them the embarrassment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/w...y-opening.html
Old 01-12-2018, 07:26 AM
Mutated Member

God bless the Queen. And Megan.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
God bless the Queen. And Megan.
Why?
Quote:
Nearly a year ago, Mr. Trump accepted an invitation to visit from Queen Elizabeth II, which was extended by Prime Minister Theresa May of Britain while she was in Washington shortly after Mr. Trump’s inauguration.
She is the main culprit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/w...y-opening.html
Old 01-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Things changed a lot since then. Do you think that, for example, the Royal Court is ready to risk a public turmoil at Harry's wedding by inviting the White House riff-raff just because of probable British government's diplomatic concerns?

Regarding to the Trump issue, you can't separate the Court from Downing Street N° 10.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 01-12-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Things changed a lot since then. Do you think that, for example, the Royal Court is ready to risk a public turmoil at Harry's wedding by inviting the White House riff-raff just because of probable British government's diplomatic concerns?

Regarding to the Trump issue, you can't separate the Court from Downing Street N° 10.
I couldn't care less about the Royal Court or Elizabeth II's feelings. The people of UK, yes. As for the wedding, I am certain I will not to be invited.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:03 PM

How much did Susman get for the old building he sold to the Qatari's?
It's "undisclosed". That's convenient.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
How much did Susman get for the old building he sold to the Qatari's?
It's "undisclosed". That's convenient.
Undisclosed as the Liar-In-Chief's taxes, health records, (money laundering) real estate transactions?
That is why Pootin the scumbag got the Ukraine scumbag deal broker, money launderer Manafort to work with Agent Orange.

And when Trump built a tower in Panama, his clients were wealthy Russians, the Washington Post reported. “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., said at a real estate conference in 2008,
The only instance that Trump acknowledges any sort of Russian financial connection is a Florida mansion he sold to a wealthy Russian. “What do I have to do with Russia?” Trump said in the wake of the DNC hack. “You know the closest I came to Russia, I bought a house a number of years ago in Palm Beach, Florida… for $40 million and I sold it to a Russian for $100 million including brokerage commissions.”

http://time.com/4433880/donald-trump-ties-to-russia/

Last edited by CarlV; 01-12-2018 at 09:02 PM.