Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2020, 11:10 PM

I have a major interest in the Michigan Militia news, so we'll bring the thread back on topic eventually.

My resentment of law enforcement entrapment goes back to my first experience with the FBI in 1972. This has nothing to do with my 'belief' in God, or the 'fact' that the devil can walk around in human form.

My dad worked for the US Army Corp of Engineers when I was born in 1964. By 1970, he had worked his way up the ranks, and was the manager of Council Grove Lake (in Kansas). One day, on duty, he was riding in a car driven by his assistant manager (named Ed) and they hit another car head-on. Ed was killed instantly, as were all the occupants of the other car (a woman and two children). My dad told me all the details of the accident, because he did not lose consciousness despite hitting his head on the dashboard of a 1966 Fairlane.

I'm giving all this background for a reason, bare with me if you're willing.

For the first three days following the wreck, my dad was expected to die from swelling in his brain. His sister told me this, because she took us to her house, and mom went to stay with dad at the hospital.

He didn't die, but he sustained a type of brain injury that altered his personality. He also had 1/3 of digestive tract (spleen, etc) removed due to injuries from the seat belt he was wearing. He went back to work about one year later, and was immediately given a promotion to regional manager. That doesn't sound quite right, does it ?

You'd think they'd want to know if he could do his old job, adequately, but no, here's two more lakes to manage (those lakes being John Redmond Reservoir near Burlington, KS, Melvern Lake, and Council Grove Lake). He actually did his job for about a year, but he kept receiving inventory lists that he was supposed to sign off on, verifying that large quantities of earth moving equipment was being stored at his lakes.

His boss, Ira Atkinson, was stationed in Tulsa Oklahoma. Ira ordered him to sign the papers. Dad went up the chain of command, and was still told to sign the papers. He refused. The FBI became involved, and they wanted dad to sign off on the inventories while they conducted an investigation. My dad already knew the equipment was being rented out to private contractors, and he thought he knew who was doing it.

He bought a photo copy machine, and started bringing papers home from work. I should mention my dad was emotionally unstable, and sort of lacked judgement at times. When the FBI agents pulled up to our house, dad told mom, my sis, and me to hide in a back bedroom. My dad opened the door when they knocked, and they two charged in shoving him against the wall. I could tell from the sound. They were yelling at him about interfering with an investigation, and they collected the paper work, and started to leave with his photocopier, too. Dad yelled, "That my photocopier ! I have a receipt" ! He rushed them, and subsequently body slammed to the floor. Good old dad.

They left his copy machine for him, undamaged somehow. He wasn't fired. He was forced to accept a strange disability package from the Department of Labor. Full pay and benefits for life. Somehow the gov't honored that agreement until he reached retirement age.

Ira Atkinson was much older than dad. He was already at retirement age, and he died in 1973 from a heart attack, while the investigation was going on. According to dad, Ira was the only party involved in the malfeasance, but I'm not too sure about that.

It's a crazy little story, but that kind of shit happens.

And yes, our farm was taken by imminent domain in 1972, they built the Wolf Creek Nuclear Power right there. Our place is under the cooling lake.

Last edited by BigElCat; 10-11-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 11:38 PM

Segue back to militias;

We moved back to Council Grove, out in the country, and dad was invited to join a militia. He declined, and actually sort of despised those guys for being racists. I think maybe he went to one or two meetings, just to get the neighbors off his back, I'm not sure. They called themselves The Posse Comitatus after the posse comitatus act of 1878.

No sooner than he went to a meeting, the FBI showed up asking questions. That was in 1978 (IIRC). It just seemed odd they would know about it immediately. Dad didn't want to be involved in any of it.

I'm pretty sure those guys were not connected in any way to McVey or Nichols. The fertilizer used in the OKC bombing was stored in Council Grove, and the country side was thick with federal agents and helicopters for a while. No connections were found to local people.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
Segue back to militias;

We moved back to Council Grove, out in the country, and dad was invited to join a militia. He declined, and actually sort of despised those guys for being racists. I think maybe he went to one or two meetings, just to get the neighbors off his back, I'm not sure. They called themselves The Posse Comitatus after the posse comitatus act of 1878.

No sooner than he went to a meeting, the FBI showed up asking questions. That was in 1978 (IIRC). It just seemed odd they would know about it immediately. Dad didn't want to be involved in any of it.

I'm pretty sure those guys were not connected in any way to McVey or Nichols. The fertilizer used in the OKC bombing was stored in Council Grove, and the country side was thick with federal agents and helicopters for a while. No connections were found to local people.

I take it now action was undertaken. So the authorities were doing the job of investigating and found no further actions were needed.

The only legally sanctioned Militias are by the government. State or federal. No private militias are legal just been ignored up to now.

No politician or law enforcement has the courage to standup to them.

Just how is this any different then, Isis or Taliban in their attempt to hold trials or cause a civil war? This group is a terrorist one, should be treated the same as any other.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:03 AM

Testimony by an FBI agent says the group busted for plotting to kidnap Michigan's governor were also discussing doing the same to Virginia's governor.

Yep folks terrorist groups planing to attack government officials, elected government officials, and overthrow state governments in the good ol' U.S.A.

Ladies & gentlemen welcome to the republic of Trumpfuckistan

If we get at least half of the voters who sat out the 2016 election out and voting Democrat we can kick Covid Boy out of office.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Testimony by an FBI agent says the group busted for plotting to kidnap Michigan's governor were also discussing doing the same to Virginia's governor.

Yep folks terrorist groups planing to attack government officials, elected government officials, and overthrow state governments in the good ol' U.S.A.

Ladies & gentlemen welcome to the republic of Trumpfuckistan

If we get at least half of the voters who sat out the 2016 election out and voting Democrat we can kick Covid Boy out of office.

We have not seen or fathom the tricks up the cults sleeve waiting to be pulled out...