Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:04 AM

US "Switched Sides" in the War on Terror?

Pretty inflammatory stuff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...zi-attack.html

I will say that the info in the story / report makes way more sense that the narrative about a movie that nobody saw.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

You do realize that Congressional Republicans were four-square behind this policy, as they are for a similar policy in Syria, eh? I'd call it the McCain Doctrine.

That said, this right-wing sponsored effort discredited itself with the following statement:

Some of the group's claims strain credibility, including the assertion that the Obama administration's early effort to blame the Benghazi attack on a protest against a crude anti-Muslim YouTube video 'appears to have been well-coordinated with U.S.Muslim Brotherhood organizations as well as Islamic state members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).'

This is nothing other than an effort to keep the fizzled Benghazi investigation in the news after Issa's dismal failures in discovering anything untoward.

Last edited by finnbow; 04-23-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

I will say that the info in the story / report makes way more sense that the narrative about a movie that nobody saw.
The "War on Terror" has been a bullshit lie since the first time the words "War on Terra" came spewing like chunks out of the shrub's festering piehole.

Stuff your "inflammatory stuff", whell...it's new stinking bullshit on top of old stinking bullshit.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:30 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

Plausible!

I also just could not understand our former Syrian policy of trying to arm the opposition to Assad. The anti Assad forces are so awful that Syrian Christians
and secular Syrians prefer Assad.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Area Man

"The Citizens Commission on Benghazi, a self-selected group of former top military officers, CIA insiders and think-tankers........."

The name alone stinks of yet another so-called "independent" panel of rightwingers with an agenda.

Anyone know precisely who these people are and what their political ties are?

Dave
Old 04-23-2014, 07:37 AM
Jigsawed

BTW was the ambassador dumb or too cocky.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:38 AM
Area Man

".......a non-profit, grassroots citizens watchdog of the news media that critiques botched and bungled news stories and sets the record straight on important issues that have received slanted coverage."

Right. ".......sets the record straight..." by slanting it to match their desires. LOL!!!!!

I don't need these clowns to tell me what to think.

Dae
Old 04-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"The Citizens Commission on Benghazi, a self-selected group of former top military officers, CIA insiders and think-tankers........."

The name alone stinks of yet another so-called "independent" panel of rightwingers with an agenda.

Anyone know precisely who these people are and what their political ties are?

Dave
It's funded in large measure by Richard Mellon Scaife.

It was created to refute (true) claims of treachery by Reagan-backed juntas in South and Central America.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Plausible!

I also just could not understand our former Syrian policy of trying to arm the opposition to Assad. The anti Assad forces are so awful that Syrian Christians
and secular Syrians prefer Assad.
Reckon why those groups with enough strength to vie for power in most of the countries in the middle east are clearly populated by murderous sub-humans? As I'm writing this...I'm thinking, wait a second Ike, don't be so hard on the Arabs. No different in eastern Europe...witness the latest in Crimea and it's precursors in Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo. Then I thought...Africa? Asia? What about the slaughter of native peoples in the Americas...post Civil War USA.

So I went for a look and found a really good Wikipedia on ethnic cleansing. When you put it all together it sends a real message: Mankind is the missing link between apes and humans. (And it's a significant insult to apes.)

I saw this picture of the 1988 Halabja gas attack on the above wiki page:

My immediate emotional reaction was feeling really bad for the cat. Whenever I see photos of this sort of carnage I always feel way, way...way worse for the dead beasts and dead children. They're the only true innocents. Adults, whoever they are, whatever their standing, rich or poor, light skinned/dark skinned, extra eye fold/no extra eye fold, christian/muslim/hindu/wiccan... the adults, all of them always have some sort of card in the game.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 04-23-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You do realize that Congressional Republicans were four-square behind this policy, as they are for a similar policy in Syria, eh? I'd call it the McCain Doctrine.

That said, this right-wing sponsored effort discredited itself with the following statement:

Some of the group's claims strain credibility, including the assertion that the Obama administration's early effort to blame the Benghazi attack on a protest against a crude anti-Muslim YouTube video 'appears to have been well-coordinated with U.S.Muslim Brotherhood organizations as well as Islamic state members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).'

This is nothing other than an effort to keep the fizzled Benghazi investigation in the news after Issa's dismal failures in discovering anything untoward.
You do realize that, at that time, Hillary and Obama ran foreign policy, not John McCain.

You do realize that "the Obama administration's early effort to blame the Benghazi attack on a protest against a crude anti-Muslim YouTube video" was way-out-deep-in-left-field-strange, and that repeating it and clinging to it for weeks after the attack invites speculation as to why the administration acted in such a peculiar manner.

You do realize that the administration has yet to advance a single cogent explanation as the why they clung to the BS video story.