Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:52 PM

Getting thru the despair is knowing it will pass and things will be good again, but it takes a lot of inner strength to resist the impulses to make the torment cease in the meantime and that resource fluctuates without regard to the circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-16-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:34 PM

Things are being made clear. I never could wrap my mind around why R.W. committed suicide, now some lucidity.....

Robin Williams' widow: He had just three years to live

Robin Williams' widow has revealed he had just three years to live and says she doesn't blame her late husband "one bit" for taking his own life.

In her first interview since Williams' death, Susan Williams tells ABC News' Amy Robach about the health problems the late actor was suffering before he committed suicide in August 2014 at age 63.

“If Robin was lucky, he would've had maybe three years left. And they would've been hard years. And it's a good chance he would've been locked up," says Williams of a doctor's prognosis that the comedian had the early stages of Parkinson's Disease. A coroner's report found signs of Lewy Body Dementia, a condition that leads to a decline in thinking and reasoning abilities.

Williams was suffering from depression and paranoia, but more problematic was his extreme anxiety. “That (depression) was a small piece of the pie of what was going on … really, what was overriding that more than depression was anxiety. And the anxiety was huge,” she says.

Was suicide was his way of taking back control? “In my opinion, oh, yeah,” Williams says. “I mean, there are many reasons. Believe me. I've thought about this. Of what was going on in his mind, what made him ultimately commit – you know, to do that act. And I think he was just saying, ‘No.’ And I don't blame him one bit. I don't blame him one bit.”

Williams says that upon arriving to find emergency responders trying to revive her husband, she was able to see him. “I just wanted to see my husband. And I got to see him ... and I got to pray with him. And I got to tell him, ‘I forgive you 50 billion percent, with all my heart. You're the bravest man I've ever known.’ You know, we were living a nightmare,” she says.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...live/75096146/
Old 11-03-2015, 07:02 PM

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Banned

Lewy Body dementia is an ugly condition. And some people say there's a god. Anyway...one of the saddest cases here in Chicago is Stan Mikita. A great athlete, and a wonderful and generous man who lives on but is gone to himself, to his family and to the city of Chicago who loves the guy.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:08 AM

yes that does clear up Robin's action. thanks for the link. tragic.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Lewy Body dementia is an ugly condition. And some people say there's a god. Anyway...one of the saddest cases here in Chicago is Stan Mikita. A great athlete, and a wonderful and generous man who lives on but is gone to himself, to his family and to the city of Chicago who loves the guy.
I like his power tools.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I like his power tools.
That would be Makita. You're as funny as cancer, or maybe even Lewy Body.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:59 AM

Before my dad died the doctors told us he had Lewy Body syndrome. He did not have severe dementia but he was hallucinating...seeing people that were not there, hearing noises, etc. What I have read is that the only way to really confirm the diagnosis is an autopsy where the brain is actually examined. For what it is worth my mom died of severe Alzheimer's that lasted 12 years. To me her condition was much worse than my dad's Lewy Body but perhaps he had a mild case. My dad still knew who I was and I could talk to him.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Before my dad died the doctors told us he had Lewy Body syndrome. He did not have severe dementia but he was hallucinating...seeing people that were not there, hearing noises, etc. What I have read is that the only way to really confirm the diagnosis is an autopsy where the brain is actually examined. For what it is worth my mom died of severe Alzheimer's that lasted 12 years. To me her condition was much worse than my dad's Lewy Body but perhaps he had a mild case. My dad still knew who I was and I could talk to him.
I believe there's a range of Lewy Body symptoms, including delusions, hallucinations, dementia, and catatonia. I don't think everybody who has Lewy Body necessarily presents with them all before they're die. Back when Stan Mikita was first diagnosed and his family shared it, he would still make appearances now and then. Some months later his family expressed their appreciation for all the well wishes and support they received, and shared that the "Stash" that everybody knew was completely gone. He's still alive and it's pushing 2 years later now.