Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Resident octogenarian

I can usually find all sorts of reasons for disliking people than the colour of their skin.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

And we know race, or at least culture, makes a difference. The Asians and their faulty armour have a higher overall IQ than us pinkish pale people do.
I will go with culture there. Asian students always study in groups helping each other. Most young students will have 2 older generations of support in their households too. At least around here they do.

Carl
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Everything is racial, politically correct, sexist, hate speech, anti-Semitic, etc. with you liberals.

Bill
Except teabagger, that's a term of endearment.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I did a search on the culture/race thing, the answer was not politically correct.

Pete
Old 02-23-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
OK, help me understand. You have expressed a desire to use a particular word. You most certainly have a right to do so. In the context of your post, it is clear that the word had been used by a broadcaster in a manner that was racially offensive - it had resulted in someone losing his job. In your post, you emphasized the impact of the word by capitalizing it. Is the purpose of doing that a sort of declaration of independence? Does it carry some other message that I do not fathom? Help me understand the importance of the word to you.

Regards,

D-Ray

Well D-Ray,

One can say "DAMN", and another can say "DARN", and mean the same exact thing.

The word "CHINK" 1.  [chingk] noun 1. a crack, cleft, or fissure: a chink in a wall. 2. a narrow opening: a chink between two buildings.

Or if you have a mind that takes you to a derogatory word, that refers to a race or nationality of people, You must be a Liberal, here's your card !

"CRACKER" Cracker (food), a type of biscuit, usually salted or savory edible.

Or if you have a mind that takes you to a derogatory word, that refers to a race or nationality of people. You must be a Liberal, here's your card !

Now, many words have been given several meanings, some good, some bad, some just the opposite and some not relating at all to the original word !

But no matter how you look at the word, it is just a word. And you must provide YOUR definition, from your knowledge and prejudices and understanding of the word.

Can ALL of you be that prejudicially minded ? Or is it that you just look to find a problem that may or may not even exist ?

lliB: just a word spelled backward !
Old 02-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
It's all so sensitive. Sometimes I wonder if we're all too nice. FWIW, down in the firmly integrated areas they use offensive words all the time. I guess one just needs street cred.

Pete
Right, we'll all be so much better off and our society so much more peaceful when we are free to go around spewing incendiary remarks and racist epitaphs.
I guess that's what clubs are for? So that when someone pisses you off with an insensitive comment, you can just bash them over the head. Then his boys will be around to shoot you and so on.......Then, we'll be so much closer to the much vaunted "Christain Family Values" we've all heard so much about.

Is that what Christ said at his trial? "Fuck you, Kike! I'll claim to be the son of God if I want and you can't stop me, you draedel spinning prick! One day we'll stuff all of your skinny asses into the ovens! Ha, ha!!!"?

Somehow, that just doesn't seem to fit.

Dave
Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Well D-Ray,

The word "CHINK" 1.  [chingk] noun 1. a crack, cleft, or fissure: a chink in a wall. 2. a narrow opening: a chink between two buildings.

Or if you have a mind that takes you to a derogatory word, that refers to a race or nationality of people, You must be a Liberal, here's your card !

Or if you have a mind that takes you to a derogatory word, that refers to a race or nationality of people. You must be a Liberal, here's your card !

Now, many words have been given several meanings, some good, some bad, some just the opposite and some not relating at all to the original word !

But no matter how you look at the word, it is just a word. And you must provide YOUR definition, from your knowledge and prejudices and understanding of the word.

Can ALL of you be that prejudicially minded ? Or is it that you just look to find a problem that may or may not even exist ?

Context, you brainwashed moron, context.

Dave
Old 02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Well D-Ray,

Is it permissible in your view to look at the context in which a word is used to determine the intent of the speaker? That is what I am trying to understand. From the context of your post, it did not appear that you were using the word to describe a crack or a fissure. Was it your intent to draw our attention to some structural anomaly or to the other use of the word?

Similarly, in a post criticizing the concern of some folks over the use of racially derogatory terms, you, with no other context, printed the word "Cracker." Were we to understand from your post that you were only referring to a baked product?

Part of our use of the language is to give words meaning according to the context in which they are used. This skill is particularly necessary when words can, as you have pointed out, have different meanings. Please explain, in the context of your posts, what meaning we should have drawn from your use of the particular words.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

He was a Jew too you know.

There's something to be said for speaking your mind. I think you know that already

Pete
Old 02-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Resident octogenarian

Don, you are just shouting up a dead horse's arse for all the good "debating" with lliB does.