Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:27 AM
Admin

Thank You Republicans

'Orange County is turning blue' LA Times

"If current voting and registration trends persist in Orange County, the longtime Republican stronghold will support its first Democrat for president since Franklin D. Roosevelt. A victory for Hillary Clinton here will signal that the turning point is near: Democrats soon will be the biggest party in Orange County.

Orange County once had California’s highest percentage of voters registered Republican. As late as 1990, the O.C. GOP held a 22% registration advantage over Democrats. By May 2015, that figure had dropped to 9%. Today it is just 5.3%. Even assuming voter registration slows after the November election, by 2020 Democrats will almost certainly overtake Republicans, as they already have in neighboring Riverside County.

How close is Orange County to turning blue? In the June 7 presidential primary, 55% of the votes cast for president went to the Democratic candidates, while only 44% went to Donald Trump or other Republicans still on the ballot — a 66,045 vote advantage for the Democrats. In the city of Fullerton, Republicans have a mere 144 voter registration lead, and it is shrinking. When Fullerton flips, five of Orange County’s seven largest cities, which contain more than half the county’s population, will have Democratic majorities." LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...nap-story.html

Hallelujah!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
'Orange County is turning blue' LA Times

"If current voting and registration trends persist in Orange County, the longtime Republican stronghold will support its first Democrat for president since Franklin D. Roosevelt. A victory for Hillary Clinton here will signal that the turning point is near: Democrats soon will be the biggest party in Orange County.

Orange County once had California’s highest percentage of voters registered Republican. As late as 1990, the O.C. GOP held a 22% registration advantage over Democrats. By May 2015, that figure had dropped to 9%. Today it is just 5.3%. Even assuming voter registration slows after the November election, by 2020 Democrats will almost certainly overtake Republicans, as they already have in neighboring Riverside County.

How close is Orange County to turning blue? In the June 7 presidential primary, 55% of the votes cast for president went to the Democratic candidates, while only 44% went to Donald Trump or other Republicans still on the ballot — a 66,045 vote advantage for the Democrats. In the city of Fullerton, Republicans have a mere 144 voter registration lead, and it is shrinking. When Fullerton flips, five of Orange County’s seven largest cities, which contain more than half the county’s population, will have Democratic majorities." LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...nap-story.html

Hallelujah!
You're welcome, and please keep it. There are plenty of other sane areas of Cali.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You're welcome, and please keep it. There are plenty of other sane areas of Cali.
Thanks Mike. The whole country would benefit from following the California model.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The "Meth Belt".
Old 08-29-2016, 12:16 PM

When I was there and the defense industry was humming, it wasn't such a bad place. Small businesses thrived all around Rockwell's campus in Anaheim, and Lockheed, Lear, Martin-Marietta, and others were vibrant in the same area. If one company didn't win the contract, the guy down the road did. There was job security just living in the area.
So many lunch places you couldn't choose. Good ethnic food, at good prices.
Huntington/Newport Beach was a bike ride away, down the Santa Ana (ditch) River trail.
It was a great place to be young and single, and I'm glad I did it. Met my wonderful wife there. No way I'd go back there now. It's a big crap hole all the way out to Lake Elsinore.

Last edited by Wasillaguy; 08-29-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
When I was there and the defense industry was humming, it wasn't such a bad place. Small businesses thrived all around Rockwell's campus in Anaheim, and Lockheed, Lear, Martin-Marietta, and others were vibrant in the same area. If one company didn't win the contract, the guy down the road did. There was job security just living in the area.
So many lunch places you couldn't choose. Good ethnic food, at good prices.
Huntington/Newport Beach was a bike ride away, down the Santa Ana (ditch) River trail.
It was a great place to be young and single, and I'm glad I did it. Met my wonderful wife there. No way I'd go back there now. It's a big crap hole all the way out to Lake Elsinore.
Thanks for leaving, Was.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Thanks for leaving, Was.
Yeah, after turning the whole of Southern California into a "big crap hole". Good riddance, I say!
Old 08-29-2016, 01:22 PM

52% of California's (Cali to you foreigners) population is now Latino, not so good for the party of old white people.

Carl
Old 08-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
52% of California's (Cali to you foreigners) population is now Latino, not so good for the party of old white people.

Carl
Fuertes unidos, si se puedes.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:29 PM

It will be fun to watch Texas, who will be next, get their brown majority.

Carl