Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:26 AM

The moron is now gunning for that huge economic engine named Amazon. I’m sure Whell has some idiotic excuse to back his Dear Leader on this nonsense.

https://www.axios.com/trump-regulati...6e4eaef2c.html
Old 03-28-2018, 12:41 PM

Yawn - only folks like Chicks thinks that polls are news.

Now for some actual economic news (please keep the sharp objects away from Chicks once he reads this):

Gross domestic product expanded at a 2.9 percent annual rate in the final three months of 2017, instead of the previously reported 2.5 percent, the Commerce Department said in its third GDP estimate for the period on Wednesday. That was a slight moderation from the third quarter's brisk 3.2 percent pace.

The upward revision to the fourth-quarter growth estimate also reflected less inventory reduction than previously reported. Economists polled by Reuters had expected that fourth-quarter GDP growth would be revised up to a 2.7 percent rate. The economy grew 2.3 percent in 2017, an acceleration from the 1.5 percent logged in 2016.

In other words:

Originally reported/estimated Q4 growth - 2.5%%
Expectations for revised growth number - 2.7%
Actual Q4 growth - 2.9%

To make things really tough for poor Chickie:

Still, analysts believe the economy will hit the Trump administration's 3 percent annual growth target this year, driven by a $1.5 trillion income tax cut package and a planned increase in government spending.

I'd also wager that the "planned increase in gov't spending" won't materialize to the extent predicted either. But we'll wait and see.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:45 PM

You’re a riot, Whell! You’ve been carrying on about how much the tax breaks were going to benefit the middle class. Turns out, not much. So you deflect, as always.

Yes or No: do you agree with your Dear Leader that Amazon needs to be “ taken out”?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:52 PM

Borrowed money doing it's magic again? How about recessions down the road?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Borrowed money doing it's magic again? How about recessions down the road?
Shiller, the Nobel Laureate whose pinkie knows more about economics than Whell will ever comprehend, warns that the upcoming midterm rout may cause economic collapse. He mentions that other big pro-business president, Calvin Coolidge. We all know how his economic “wisdom” turned out.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...ket-down-video

Last edited by Chicks; 03-28-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

House Republicans will take up a balanced-budget amendment when they return from recess, several sources tell us. This follows on the heels of their $1.3-trillion budget bill and their massive tax bill. WHY DO THIS NOW? Here’s what we think: It’s almost election season, and it would be helpful if GOP lawmakers could go home and be able to say they voted to support balancing the federal budget, even though they voted boosted discretionary spending by a ton, and have not touched entitlement spending, which, they have said for years, is the driver of U.S. budget deficits.

This is like Donald Trump proposing to lead a campaign to make adultery illegal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...now-heres-why/
Old 03-28-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
You’re a riot, Whell! You’ve been carrying on about how much the tax breaks were going to benefit the middle class. Turns out, not much. So you deflect, as always.

Yes or No: do you agree with your Dear Leader that Amazon needs to be “ taken out”?
This thread is about supply side economics, not about tax breaks for the middle class. Sorry you got lost.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
This thread is about supply side economics, not about tax breaks for the middle class. Sorry you got lost.
No truer words have been spoken to describe 'supply side economics', not that you're self aware enough to realize it, Mike.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
No truer words have been spoken to describe 'supply side economics', not that you're self aware enough to realize it, Mike.
I'm fully aware to realize that you think that my post can be taken in an ironic context or play on words that slams the topic. Of course, if you think that, then you apparently have a grave misconception about what supply side economics is.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm fully aware to realize that you think that my post can be taken in an ironic context or play on words that slams the topic. Of course, if you think that, then you apparently have a grave misconception about what supply side economics is.
I'd say it's you that has a grave misconception of what supply-side economics is in that you seem to believe that it is a proven and viable economic model.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-28-2018 at 06:27 PM.