Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Why not simply make the spare wheel as an option?
Hyundai should welcome that suggestion.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:34 AM

It is a shame you were under the gun and could not be patient. OEM tires and wheels show up on CL as takeoffs for bigger wheels and tires often.

I just bought a set for my truck wheels and tires (1K miles) for $350. Sold the old steel wheels and tires ones for $150.

Don't forget the sensors for the wheels! ~$50 a wheel......

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 10-13-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
It is a shame you were under the gun and could not be patient. OEM tires and wheels show up on CL as takeoffs for bigger wheels and tires often.

I just bought a set for my truck wheels and tires (1K miles) for $350. Sold the old steel wheels and tires ones for $150.

Don't forget the sensors for the wheels! ~$50 a wheel......

Barney
Model is too new and besides these are the upgraded version with larger alloy wheels. Now I cannot even get the OEM wheels, the online store is out of stock. Need to find & get aftermarket ones.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
I bought two new Hyundai Accents from a local dealership about three weeks ago. These were to be used as delivery vehicles which both the sales and the finance person knew when I declined the extended warranty (usually not offered on commercial vehicles anyway) or prepaid maintenance (told the finance guy it will cost me more to drop and pick up the cars from the dealership). So it's not like they could claim that they did not know.

Fast forward three weeks and one of our cars gets a flat tire while making deliveries during the evening commute hour. And guess what? No spare tire nor a jack in the trunk even though the well for the doughnut tire is there. Of course we do not have AAA. Normally one of our people would have gone with a service jack and help change the tire, a 30-45 minute job.

Later in the evening I texted the sales guy to let him know that he had a moral obligation to have told me that the cars had no spare tire. I would have simply bought a set of wheels from the dealership and added this to the total. Instead here we are, car is going to be laid up for a day or two since we can get a replacement tire.

His answer in a nut shell was:
a. I did not ask him
b. Buyer be aware.

One of my employees suggested that we write a letter directly Hyundai regarding the ridiculous response from the dealership besides the danger this could cause to unwary buyers. Like Paul said, " what if your daughter was diving the car and got a flat tire at 2 AM on the way home"?

What really bothers me even more is that I was a dream customer, price negotiated over emails, did not bother with a test drive, signed the papers and our drivers picked up the cars. Normally the dealership would have delivered the cars. Besides they screwed up the paperwork and I had to go a second time to sign all new paperwork. Fearing a scam I really had to spend the time to scrutinize the paperwork.

It seems that this is normal, new cars may not come with a spare wheel.
Three of my last four cars didn't have a spare.

Last edited by nailer; 10-13-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Model is too new and besides these are the upgraded version with larger alloy wheels. Now I cannot even get the OEM wheels, the online store is out of stock. Need to find & get aftermarket ones.
Make sure they fit the space provided. Junkyard?

Also the sensor on the value stem.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Three of my last four cars didn't have a spare.
Bragging about your Tercel again, or is it a Yaris?
Old 10-13-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Make sure they fit the space provided. Junkyard?

Also the sensor on the value stem.
Thanks Barney, checked just now and the car does have TPMS.
I will just order a pair of aftermarket rims, the 16 X 6" rims are not readily available. A reconditioned one if $350.00!!!!!!!!!! Yikes.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:47 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Bragging about your Tercel again, or is it a Yaris?
All fine German automobiles.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks Barney, checked just now and the car does have TPMS.
I will just order a pair of aftermarket rims, the 16 X 6" rims are not readily available. A reconditioned one if $350.00!!!!!!!!!! Yikes.
Call the parts guy at the dealership and ask them about the style. You might get lucky and have a cheap style. Rubber value stem and a plastic sensor attached inside the wheel on the other side. Like my Ram the ford IIRC has a band going around the wheel on the inside.

If they are just going to be for a spare, try calling a yard and ask them. You may get lucky and get tires also.

Barney
Old 10-13-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Call the parts guy at the dealership and ask them about the style. You might get lucky and have a cheap style. Rubber value stem and a plastic sensor attached inside the wheel on the other side. Like my Ram the ford IIRC has a band going around the wheel on the inside.

If they are just going to be for a spare, try calling a yard and ask them. You may get lucky and get tires also.

Barney
Just found an original on eBay for $125 + $30 shipping from a recycling shop in LA. This has the sensor. May get lucky and find another one.

I am having an email exchange with the dealership, not going to ask them for anything if I can help it. Do not want to be obligated and we can afford the additional cost.

The manager has claimed that they will change their sales policy and also notify Hyundai America. My intent here is to ensure that their customers are informed.