Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:10 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Where is the contradiction, Sir? I do not like her as a person. That is right. But this has nothing to do with the fact that I agree with some of her desicions as a politician in the last years.

Finnbow you speak German - so werde ich es Ihnen nochmals mit Worten meiner eigenen Sprache erklären. Auf der einen Seite steht das was sie tut, als Politikerin, auf der anderen Seite das wie sie es tut, als Mensch. Beides ist eng miteinander verbunden, dennoch sind es unterschiedliche Dinge, verstehen Sie was ich meine?
I do indeed. Her actions vis-ā-vis the Syrian refugees are both a political and a humanitarian act. While it's right and just to praise the humanity of her decision, the political and social consequences of the decision, in a democratic society, are not immune to criticism. In other words, she may have done the wrong thing for the right reasons.

I'm impressed with Frau Merkel's humanity and steadfastness, but that doesn't mean that her decision won't have profound and negative consequences for her country. Similarly, I admire Obama's humanity, but that doesn't preclude criticizing some of his past decisions.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
The situation at the so called "Calais Jungle" is also dramatic. The European Nations are a bunch of fucking cowardly losers,
I agree! They are paralyzed. Illegal immigrants from "Calais Jungle" have been terrorizing motorists, especially truckers for the longest while. Truckers fear for their lives while passing that jungle. Some truckers for safety sake have decided to take the much longer route through Holland.

How the French allow such a camp of illegals to form and develop right beside the main trucking route to England is beyond me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_8829924.html

Last edited by Dondilion; 03-02-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:33 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
How the French allow such a camp of illegals to form and develop right beside the main trucking route to England is beyond me.

Makes a perverse sense from a French patriot's perspective.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Mutated Member

Maybe the French authorities fear an escalation of violence, I don't know. Pity that we have no active French member here.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Where is the contradiction, Sir? I do not like her as a person. That is right. But this has nothing to do with the fact that I agree with some of her desicions as a politician in the last years.

Finnbow you speak German - so werde ich es Ihnen nochmals mit Worten meiner eigenen Sprache erklären. Auf der einen Seite steht das was sie tut, als Politikerin, auf der anderen Seite das wie sie es tut, als Mensch. Beides ist eng miteinander verbunden, dennoch sind es unterschiedliche Dinge, verstehen Sie was ich meine?
For the rest of us.

Quote:
I'll explain it to you again with words of my own language. On one side is what she does, as a politician, on the other hand, the way it does, as a human being. Both are closely linked, but there are different things, you understand what I mean?
It's never possible to separate a person from their actions. I know little of Frau Merkel's domestic policy beyond her position on the Refugee crisis but, in the main, I support it. She was faced with a problem with no good solutions but opted for the least terrible among them. The situations in places like Calais and Macedonia are creating a crisis far worse than that in Germany. There is a lesson there for those willing to see it.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I agree! They are paralyzed. Illegal immigrants from "Calais Jungle" have been terrorizing motorists, especially truckers for the longest while. Truckers fear for their lives while passing that jungle. Some truckers for safety sake have decided to take the much longer route through Holland.

They have chosen paralysis. In the wake of Charly Hebdo and the Paris Massacre, France's government has refused to take the political risks involved in dealing humanely with the refugees in their country. Instead, they have allowed them to travel completely across their country and pile up like jetsam on their shores.

Last edited by Boreas; 03-02-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Resident octogenarian

What seems to have been lost in all of this is that most of the EU countries have employment problems. So while it is very humanitarian to welcome these migrants feeding them is another story.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Jigsawed

Reality takes root.

From 'welcome' to 'enough'_Europe's migrant view shifts.
https:http://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/we...201445324.html
Old 03-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Many key countries, particularly those along the principle migration routes, refuse to let any migrants stay in their countries or even pass through them en route to other countries. They also refuse to participate in finding a common EU solution. This has created an unsupportable situation in those countries endeavoring to do the right thing.

Meanwhile, right wing parties across Europe are seeing this crisis as a double blessing. First they see it as a golden opportunity for advancing their racist Blood and Soil agenda and, at the same time, they see the crisis as the hammer by which they can shatter the hated European Union.

It's all going nicely according to plan. No doubt "President Trump" is looking forward to making common cause with these bastards. He's cut from the same cloth.

Last edited by Boreas; 03-13-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Jigsawed

A sign of things to come.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/threat-ex...165921268.html