Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh yeah. That's all I do. I do nothing but spend my time looking for ways to make life worse for those less fortunate than me.

Now please excuse me. I have to go heckle some folks at the homeless shelter.
I see an ideology that actively suppresses any effort to raise wages, attacks worker protections as "anti-business regulation", cuts funding to public education in the poorest districts, all while fighting to reduce or eliminate if possible, any social safety net programs intended to assist the unemployed and low income citizen.....as they fight hard to ease the tax burden on the wealthiest economic strata in the nation.

Don't know how anyone fails to see the forest behind all of those trees or how absolutely rotten it's intent is.

Once you cut through all of the smokescreen bullshit......This is what the Conservative movement represents.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I see an ideology that actively suppresses any effort to raise wages, attacks worker protections as "anti-business regulation", cuts funding to public education in the poorest districts, all while fighting to reduce or eliminate if possible, any social safety net programs intended to assist the unemployed and low income citizen.....as they fight hard to ease the tax burden on the wealthiest economic strata in the nation.

Don't know how anyone fails to see the forest behind all of those trees or how absolutely rotten it's intent is.

Once you cut through all of the smokescreen bullshit......This is what the Conservative movement represents.
What about a progressive movement that supports keeping wages low by keeping the borders wide open? Loot cities and lines their personal pockets while claiming that there's no money to keep the streets safe or educate the kids? Supports a labyrinthine tax code and financial system that steals money from the middle class and redistributes it to their Wall Street benefactors and other special interests? Whose presumptive nominee for president presides over a pay to play scheme disguised as a charitable organization? And whose current standard bearer has shown absolute contempt for the law that he has sworn to preserve and protect.

Once you cut through all the smokescreen bullshit...this is what the progressive movement represents.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:04 AM
Area Man

Read the Republican Party platform. Do you know that the GOP has created over 10,000,000 "good" American jobs with those wonderful free trade agreements they've made? But, the current state of decline in American Industry is all Obamas fault, of course.............the evil bastard.

So, what is the real difference, Mike?

Two wings of the same bird, my friend.

Maybe once we hire that fox with a bad comb-over to guard the henhouse everything will be alright?

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-13-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Read the Republican Party platform. Do you know that the GOP has created over 10,000,000 "good" American jobs with those wonderful free trade agreements they've made? But, the current state of decline in American Industry is all Obamas fault, of course.............the evil bastard.

So, what is the real difference, Mike?

Two wings of the same bird, my friend.

Maybe once we hire that fox with a bad comb-over to guard the henhouse everything will be alright?
You mean the free trade agreement that Clinton wanted / signed? You mean the free trade agreement that Obama is pushing forward?

I think everyone has had a hand in screwing things up for American industry. It doesn't all land at Obama's feet, but Obama has certainly upped the ante. I think this article from Time really does capture the challenges quite well:

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10620
Old 06-13-2016, 08:49 AM
Rational Anarchist

American industry played the leading role in screwing up American industry. They were making American Helpyourselfer. The Congressional twins asked "Can we help?"

Last edited by nailer; 06-13-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You mean the free trade agreement that Clinton wanted / signed? You mean the free trade agreement that Obama is pushing forward?

I think everyone has had a hand in screwing things up for American industry. It doesn't all land at Obama's feet, but Obama has certainly upped the ante. I think this article from Time really does capture the challenges quite well:

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10620
More people have gotten wise to the "free trade" agenda. The Europeans especially have indicated to Obama that they are not interested in what he is
pushing.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
More people have gotten wise to the "free trade" agenda. The Europeans especially have indicated to Obama that they are not interested in what he is
pushing.
Mostly because they are too damn smart to want any part of Monsanto's GMOs.