Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Loyal Opposition

In Kansas, you have an option of keeping a record of internet purchases or paying the tax based on income.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 AM

I found this on the Internet. I only read the preamble.
Internet Sales Tax: A 50-State Guide to State Laws
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...-tax-laws.html
Old 11-14-2013, 12:36 PM

I am Going to be working on my typing skills so please be patient with me.Sorry If I confused you in my other post's.I am aware so i will work on it .
Old 11-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Resident octogenarian

The effect will be to pretty much kill online sales because in addition to the tax buyers will still have to pay delivery charges making online items more expensive than local purchases.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Well the thing is,on disability I did not have to file a return.And now if i Have to claim my income on ebay then I am afraid it will put me in a position were i will owe money for income on items I do not consider eligible for tax.I am kinda confused but I do not have a problem paying if I feel it is legitimate.And I do not think It is.Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way.All of the Ebay and Paypal fee's are already eating up any kind of profit(like there ever was any)
Old 11-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Area Man

I'm on my way to work. We had a nasty fire last night and I feel like crap from smoke inhalation suffered while fighting the fire. We should be up and running again tonight.

I figured it was only a matter of time until they caught up with online purchases, BTW.

Dave
Old 11-14-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'm on my way to work. We had a nasty fire last night and I feel like crap from smoke inhalation suffered while fighting the fire. We should be up and running again tonight.

I figured it was only a matter of time until they caught up with online purchases, BTW.

Dave
Yes they caught that pesky Wabbit.,Glad you are OK,smoke is nasty stuff to mess with,It usually gets you before the fire .Hope all turns out ok.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:18 PM
reflexionar

I pay taxes on my Ebay income. I do not charge sales tax. I am not a retailer, and don't feel I should be responsible to be a collector for Washington state. My income isn't enough to go through the paperwork headache. The easiest way to do a sales tax would be for Ebay to just use a software approach that automatically adds sales tax to purchases from your own state and then they can pay the states like any large retailer would. I believe technically anything that is purchased anywhere is subject to your state sales tax, but since states don't have jurisdiction over other states, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to pay the tax from an out of state purchase.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:46 PM

There is a place on my selling page that automatically charges sales tax for all Oklahoma transactions instate.I guess the state has always been getting their cut,now it is the feds turn.The only thing that I myself can do is stay below the taxable income limit.That way i will not have to file a tax return.I usually do not hit the limit anyway.

it is hard enough making ends meet.We only get our disability checks and our medicare.The money i make on ebay is to supplement our grocery and bill money and my wife likes her jigsaw puzzles and I my occasional piece of audio gear.

everything else is bills,fuel,grocery's and clothing,I also help my friends family out he passed 2 years ago,and his daughter got into some trouble and is incarcerated so she gets a monthly allowance from me and i make sure her kids get what they need.the pit we are keeping is her boyfriends dog.So ebay helps us out .i had lots of stuff when we were doing better financially,now it is slowly being sold off.I collected practically anything and everything.pocket knives,rocks and minerals,book matches,books on almost any subject and so on so we can live OK for a while.

We both have 401's with K-mart and wal-mart,if the fed doesn't pull anymore stunts we should see that money in a few years.it's hard trying to handle life now a day's,You have to really stay up on all of the current law's and stuff.I really feel sorry for children coming into this society now and in the future.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 PM
reflexionar

I haven't heard anything about Ebay reporting income to the Fed yet. I do know that Paypal reports over 20K and 200 transactions in a year.