Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:18 PM

A very bad week for Obama indeed

As Wednesday rolled in this morning it became apparent that Obama has had his worst week of the campaign... thus far.

Emerging from three years of being coddled by the media, insulated from meaningful debate by his administration and being held largely above the fray by the office of the presidency Obama appears to have fallen victim to having become a believer of his own nasty campaign propaganda as well as convinced that the American people had swallowed his lies hook line and sinker while they also failed to see through his facade.

His arrogance caused him to be unprepared for the first debate last Tuesday, it caused him to be unable to come to grips with the idea that he lost soundly on both substance and presentation and it has caused him to continue to believe that his campaign of distraction and character assassination is going to prevent a landslide in November in this climate of economic national despair brought on by his failure to lead.

The voting public was able to see the real Mitt Romney, many for the very first time, last Tuesday as he was able to present himself without the bias of the media and free of the lies and deceptions the Obama campaign has used to try to define him. Obama looked weak trying to rebut some of Romney's attacks by pulling out tired old campaign talking points when Romney was right there to refute them and explain exactly how they are overwhelmingly baseless, and not even very intelligent, lies.

Obama's integrity suffered even further this week, when in the face of a very obvious and growing voter backlash, the magnitude of which has as of yet been unprecedented in this election, continues, along with many of his supporters, to act with immaturity and arrogance by refusing to acknowledge his poor debate performance by first trying to attack Romney's character and truthfulness. Then came the blaming of the mediator, his debate prep partner, even the altitude. Lastly he spent the week running new ads on Big Bird rather than even trying to address anything Romney scored points on last week... and there were a lot of points scored.

So now we near the later part of this week with Benghazi Gate exposing a pathetic and incompetent foreign policy and another reprehensible cover-up of this admin's continued failures and the looming VP debate which offers the prospect for another potentially embarrassing defeat for the Obama campaign.

Team Obama which hadn't yet faced an election challenge prior to 2012 and has very little if anything to show for 4 years in office is now deservedly on it's way out. The wheels are now in motion and the train is picking up speed. Time to sit back and watch a landslide.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Time to sit back and watch a landslide.
Good idea. You do that.

John
Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4o7annpeU
Old 10-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Admin

Stuff it, plagerist.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 PM

I should remind you, though, that the popular vote doesn't decide the election. Right Now the President is looking pretty good electorally.

Obama (221)
Romney (181)
Undecided (136)

Battleground states (numbers in brackets are electoral votes):

Florida (29) -0.7%
Pennsylvania (20) +4.2%
Ohio (18) +0.8%
North Carolina (15) -3.0%
Virginia (13) +0.3%
Wisconsin (10) +5.0%
Missouri (10) -5.2%
Colorado (9) -0.5%
Iowa (6) +3.2%
Nevada (6) +0.7%

So, if the undecided "battleground states stay as they are, the electoral vote will be:

Obama (221 + 73 = 294)
Romney (181 + 63 = 244)

No question the President had a bad week but not bad enough to change the likely outcome. We'll see what happens tomorrow night and at the Town Hall debate. Maybe some "ordinary citizens" will have more guts than the press and call Romney on his lies.

John

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...llege_map.html

Last edited by Boreas; 10-10-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Area Man

Romney has "truthfulness"? (The word is "honesty", BTW.)
What has he ever been honest about?

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-10-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
That's the ticket. In the beginning you can clearly see that it came from the right.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
That's the ticket. In the beginning you can clearly see that it came from the right.
...and crashed and burned into the valley below. I guess it is a metaphor.
I thought I saw the Christian right clinging to some of those trees now that Romney has flip flopped on the issue of abortion.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I should remind you, though, that the popular vote doesn't decide the election. Right Now the President is looking pretty good electorally.

Obama (221)
Romney (181)
Undecided (136)

Battleground states (numbers in brackets are electoral votes):

Florida (29) -0.7%
Pennsylvania (20) +4.2%
Ohio (18) +0.8%
North Carolina (15) -3.0%
Virginia (13) +0.3%
Wisconsin (10) +5.0%
Missouri (10) -5.2%
Colorado (9) -0.5%
Iowa (6) +3.2%
Nevada (6) +0.7%

So, if the undecided "battleground states stay as they are, the electoral vote will be:

Obama (221 + 73 = 294)
Romney (181 + 63 = 244)

No question the President had a bad week but not bad enough to change the likely outcome. We'll see what happens tomorrow night and at the Town Hall debate. Maybe some "ordinary citizens" will have more guts than the press and call Romney on his lies.

John

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...llege_map.html
Keep watching the polls over the coming days. If the trend continues (I think it will) Obama's done. Romney has gained ground in every swing state since last week. Undecideds are breaking for him in large numbers - and he'll take some dems who are near the fence too. If Obama hasn't been consistently leading with > 51% in a state then he might as well write that state off now in the opinion of some pollsters.

http://www.businessinsider.com/suffo...ection-2012-10
Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Admin

Do you still have high hopes for your veep candidate? He sure doesn't, he's campaigning hard to retain his seat in congress.