Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
And some require both, which worked out in my favor with mine.

Oh no, Zeke is gonna quit being nice to me. Whatever will I do? That's it, I'm gonna slit my fucking wrist. It's all on your head zeke.
Aww. Codependency. Jay is a sexlaxalist after all.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Aww. Codependency. Jay is a sexlaxalist after all.
Hey, did you just call me a bad name?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Hey, did you just call me a bad name?

I had to rib you back for your comment about some of us wishing German was the national language.

It's all good. And for the record I appreciate your zeal for traditional Republican ideals. By traditional I mean up to Bush The Elder. I just wish you would at least try to understand that the new Republican crew in Washington D.C. is not that kind of animal. Their blood is blue, not red.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
I had to rib you back for your comment about some of us wishing German was the national language.

It's all good. And for the record I appreciate your zeal for traditional Republican ideals. By traditional I mean up to Bush The Elder. I just wish you would at least try to understand that the new Republican crew in Washington D.C. is not that kind of animal. Their blood is blue, not red.
I wish we could have a rational, intelligent debate on this forum, but it always turns to name calling and bashing by the second post. I'm as guilty as anyone too. The problem I have with Obama is, I think he envisions an America more like Europe, or Canada. Huge government and little personal responsibility. I also think he has divided this country farther than it's been in recent history concerning working classes and race. It's so easy for me to say Obama ate dogs, and the left to reply Romney tortured his dog by making him ride on the roof of the family truckster. Things that don't mean two shits are what the country seems focused on (both sides). To me, it's like a magician saying watch this hand, while he does the "trick" in his other hand.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I wish we could have a rational, intelligent debate on this forum, but it always turns to name calling and bashing by the second post. I'm as guilty as anyone too. The problem I have with Obama is, I think he envisions an America more like Europe, or Canada. Huge government and little personal responsibility. I also think he has divided this country farther than it's been in recent history concerning working classes and race. It's so easy for me to say Obama ate dogs, and the left to reply Romney tortured his dog by making him ride on the roof of the family truckster. Things that don't mean two shits are what the country seems focused on (both sides). To me, it's like a magician saying watch this hand, while he does the "trick" in his other hand.
It would be nice if folks could drop the BS. I think the BS is a defense mechanism for when folks can see the other point but will not let them selves admit to it.

I'd say this to you Jay, We already have huge Gov't and very little personal responsibility right here in the U.S.A. It really ramped up about 30 or so years ago.

So, we already have those things and Canada, Europe and many Asian countries have left us behind in Education, Healthcare.......In a rational, non partisan way, why do you think that is?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I wish we could have a rational, intelligent debate on this forum, but it always turns to name calling and bashing by the second post. I'm as guilty as anyone too. The problem I have with Obama is, I think he envisions an America more like Europe, or Canada. Huge government and little personal responsibility.
Rather contradictory, you say you want intelligent debate and then make a totally outrageous and false staement about countries you know nowt about.

Oh BTW, the $CDN is currently running at about $1.05 US, seems like they are looking after themselves quite nicely.

You see TD, when you and others say the name calling starts on the second post it is probably because the first post by some right wing type starts out with summat like "And we all know that liberals (insert you favourie insult here)".

As to America looking like Canada you would need to move ahead by about 75 years.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
It would be nice if folks could drop the BS. I think the BS is a defense mechanism for when folks can see the other point but will not let them selves admit to it.

I'd say this to you Jay, We already have huge Gov't and very little personal responsibility right here in the U.S.A. It really ramped up about 30 or so years ago.

So, we already have those things and Canada, Europe and many Asian countries have left us behind in Education, Healthcare.......In a rational, non partisan way, why do you think that is?
Check out off topics for an experimental thread.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Rather contradictory, you say you want intelligent debate and then make a totally outrageous and false staement about countries you know nowt about.

Oh BTW, the $CDN is currently running at about $1.05 US, seems like they are looking after themselves quite nicely.

You see TD, when you and others say the name calling starts on the second post it is probably because the first post by some right wing type starts out with summat like "And we all know that liberals (insert you favourie insult here)".

As to America looking like Canada you would need to move ahead by about 75 years.
You must have "some" reason for living here. Is it family or something?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
You must have "some" reason for living here. Is it family or something?
Masochistic tendencies probably.

My wife is an American and up until recently was very proud of her country, but I get the feeling she is starting to have her doubts.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Understood.

There is no question that Obama is trying to make America more like Europe. I guess since I grew up over there I am not afraid of moving back in that direction.

The not-so-big-secret is that Obama is doing it in conformity with global economic bodies such as the World Trade Organization, The European Union, The Asia Pacific Trade Council, et al.

The other not-so-big-secret is that Mitt Romney and his ilk plan to do the same thing as Obama at least with regard to downsizing America. What sets them apart is they firmly believe that the process is merely one of moving cheese and they are entitled to line their pockets as they make it happen.

To me there is something sick about profiting from being in government and moving peoples' cheese. We used to call that insider trading and self-dealing. Those words aren't compliments.

While I don't like Obama or his policies I think he is doing the better job of screwing us. At least he uses lube.

I hate Mitt and his ilk, and I chose that word carefully. They have repeatedly stabbed us in the back while screwing us.