Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Deej, she's from that Republican stronghold Palm Springs. Much closer to Arizonia than San Franciso. Which woodchipper did you get?
More importantly, how many liberals can you stuff in it per hour before it balks?

Personally, I'd get one which ran off of a PTO coupled to a diesel tractor.

Chas
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 PM

One night last year my wife and I headed home from the nursing home where her mother was and we got stopped just as we left the city limits. Turns out my wifes car had shot a low beam That Very Night as it was working the night before and we got stopped. Well, she was driving and guess what? The cop came to not her window, but mine. No big deal, I figured he was thinking about getting ran over so I rolled my window down. He asked for her DL's, insurance card, and registration. Then he said: '' I need to see your DL's too sir ''. I asked why mine as I wasn't driving and he said: '' We run everyone in the car to be sure they check out ok, we find people this way all the time that have outstanding warrents ''. No problem, I'm clean. He comes back to the car a few minutes later and hands me my and my wifes DL's, insurance card, and registration and says: '' Yall have a safe trip home and get that light fixed soon as possible ''. I said thank you sir, and we finished our trip home.

Back in the day it would have ticked me off to have my info called in in a simple traffic stop like that if I was a passenger, but being older and knowing now what all goes on out there and what cops have to deal with, it doesn't bother me to make their job a bit easier for everyone elses sake. The more dicks cops have to deal with, the more they'll act a dick to even the honest folk. Way I see it, if a feller has nothing to hide then he should have nothing to be pissed about. He'll get a thanks for his cooperation and be back on his merry way.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
One night last year my wife and I headed home from the nursing home where her mother was and we got stopped just as we left the city limits. ...
While your vignette doesn't sound particularly threatening to you or me, such policies certainly provide the opportunity for abuse.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
One night last year my wife and I headed home from the nursing home where her mother was and we got stopped just as we left the city limits. Turns out my wifes car had shot a low beam That Very Night as it was working the night before and we got stopped. Well, she was driving and guess what? The cop came to not her window, but mine. No big deal, I figured he was thinking about getting ran over so I rolled my window down. He asked for her DL's, insurance card, and registration. Then he said: '' I need to see your DL's too sir ''. I asked why mine as I wasn't driving and he said: '' We run everyone in the car to be sure they check out ok, we find people this way all the time that have outstanding warrents ''. No problem, I'm clean. He comes back to the car a few minutes later and hands me my and my wifes DL's, insurance card, and registration and says: '' Yall have a safe trip home and get that light fixed soon as possible ''. I said thank you sir, and we finished our trip home.

Back in the day it would have ticked me off to have my info called in in a simple traffic stop like that if I was a passenger, but being older and knowing now what all goes on out there and what cops have to deal with, it doesn't bother me to make their job a bit easier for everyone elses sake. The more dicks cops have to deal with, the more they'll act a dick to even the honest folk. Way I see it, if a feller has nothing to hide then he should have nothing to be pissed about. He'll get a thanks for his cooperation and be back on his merry way.
Excellent post. Thank you.

We demand they protect us, then shout "Brownshirt!", when they try. I don't see how anyone can be a cop, in a nation where so many people think they have a right to be an asshole.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Admin

Does this state law do away with probable cause?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 PM

Being one who fits into "the long haired hippie" stereo type most of my if not all adult life. I have been questioned and searched for no other reason then fitting a profile. Never did anything come of it but still sucks.

Out west there are many who can trace there family history back farther in the USA then you or I. Who will now be hassled just because of the way they look. This I see as an totally racial aspect that can not be overlooked.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 04-27-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
They asked Sonny Bono what he thought of illegal immigration and he replied, "I thought it was illegal."

It's illegal, either enforce the laws or change 'em. What we have now is bullshit.

Chas
Finally you find something Bush did wrong!

It sure took long enough.

Last edited by noonereal; 04-27-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It's tough. But because there is possible abuse, the laws can't be enforced? Let's face it, there is plenty of citizens from other countries, but illegal immigrants are probably going to look and act different from the majority of citizens. Because the issue is so politically changed I doubt we'll ever straighten it out.

That said, Zeke, that's sad. I can't figure why they would stop Indians. Can't get more native than that!

Pete
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
the issue is so politically changed I doubt we'll ever straighten it out.

Pete
sort of

I think Americans overwhelmingly agree that immigration laws should be enforced. The problem has been that immigration offer big profits to American businesses.

If we are honest the immigration issue is more a class issue than anything else.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Resident octogenarian

Having done it the legal way I am kind of biased against folks who don't do it legally. That said I guess the Dream Act makes sense since children do not usually get a say in coming along, the parents just bring them.

But the businesses that provide the encouragement should have the book thrown at them.

Last edited by merrylander; 04-27-2012 at 10:49 AM.