Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Gina Zimmer, spokesman for Restaurant Associates, which operates the Longworth cafeteria, confirmed that the company had received the lawsuit."

http://www.restaurantassociates.com/

Apparently, Yes.

Dave
I was misled. I'm glad that it's not us having to fight him. I hope Longworth whoops his a$$.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:03 PM

I've never quite been able to figure Dennis Kucinich out. Sometimes he seems incredibly bright, and other times as if he just arrived from outer space.

What did he want the restaurant to do, probe every olive with a toothpick before serving?

At best, if he can find out the brand of the olives, he could write them and I'll bet they will send him a coupon for a free can or two the next time he visits hs favorite grocer.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
I've never quite been able to figure Dennis Kucinich out. Sometimes he seems incredibly bright, and other times as if he just arrived from outer space.

What did he want the restaurant to do, probe every olive with a toothpick before serving?

At best, if he can find out the brand of the olives, he could write them and I'll bet they will send him a coupon for a free can or two the next time he visits hs favorite grocer.
It's interesting. I know very little about him, but I know several hard right types who I look up to that really like him and and say he's a great guy and human being.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
It's interesting. I know very little about him, but I know several hard right types who I look up to that really like him and and say he's a great guy and human being.
He certainly is not your typical mainstream Democrat in terms of the way he thinks and speaks many times, but I think his voting record is generally as "far-left" as it gets. But I agree, he is very sincere and likable and not as vitriolic as the rest have become.

There's a scatter plot midway down the page of the link below:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/pers...d=400227pretty consistently on his declared side of the aisle.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

My dad reported to him as mayor. Dad's a mild rightie who admires FDR (he's a depression kid). He also didn't allow us kids to speak ill of people.

Talking about Dennis, was the 1st time I heard him call anyone a name - 'idiot'.

Just FYI. Dennis can talk the talk though, his campaign commercial last election was pretty good, all he said was that he never talked about his opponent, never slinged mud.

Pete
Old 01-28-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
My dad reported to him as mayor. Dad's a mild rightie who admires FDR (he's a depression kid). He also didn't allow us kids to speak ill of people.

Talking about Dennis, was the 1st time I heard him call anyone a name - 'idiot'.

Just FYI. Dennis can talk the talk though, his campaign commercial last election was pretty good, all he said was that he never talked about his opponent, never slinged mud.

Pete
I agree with what you are saying and as djv8ga said that those on both sides of the aisle respect him. He really does insist people stay on the issue and not jump on each other's personal weaknesses.

It really seems strange tht he filed this suit.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Loyal Opposition

I have talked a lot of people out of filing lawsuits, but people can react irrationally when they feel they have been wronged. From a political standpoint, at least, filing the olive pit lawsuit was not rational. Who knows, though, maybe someone insulted him when he complained about that happened, or wouldn't respond to him; and that hacked him off. Pride and anger are not good friends to rational thought.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I have talked a lot of people out of filing lawsuits, but people can react irrationally when they feel they have been wronged. From a political standpoint, at least, filing the olive pit lawsuit was not rational. Who knows, though, maybe someone insulted him when he complained about that happened, or wouldn't respond to him; and that hacked him off. Pride and anger are not good friends to rational thought.

Regards,

D-Ray
Then again, maybe he just wants 150K.

Chas
Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Then again, maybe he just wants 150K.

Chas
Nah, he wants $50K. The negotiations have to start somewhere.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-28-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Nah, he wants $50K. The negotiations have to start somewhere.

Regards,

D-Ray
Sounds about right.

Chas