Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:27 AM

Old white men now control the vaginas of every woman in the world! BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Jigsawed

Not control--Just not contributing to the abortion mentality.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:45 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Not control--Just not contributing to the abortion mentality.
Maybe they oughta keep their flies zipped up or get a vasectomy?
Old 01-24-2017, 10:59 AM

Here is an updated list.
Quote:
Here’s a list of the Trump administration’s actions in its first 72 hours:

Taken over running of the entire federal government.
Issued an executive order aimed at rolling back former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act.
Halted a reduction to the annual mortgage insurance premiums borrowers pay when taking out government-backed home loans.
Ordered agencies to freeze new regulations, giving the new administration time to review them.
Received a key legal OK from the Justice Department for Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner to take on a role in the White House.
Met with the CIA, where he addressed employees. Trump also took over the nuclear codes Trump’s nominee for CIA director, Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo
Pompeo, contradicted his earlier testimony and said he was open to revisiting limits on interrogation techniques including waterboarding if his intelligence officers think it is needed.
Raised the specter of another conflict in Iraq, with Trump expressing regret for not taking over the country’s oil and telling the CIA, “We should have kept the oil. Maybe we’ll have another chance.”
Spoke to the Mexican president and said the two will meet at the end of January.
Spoke to the Canadian prime minister about the two nations’ economic relationship.
Announced he has meetings with leaders in Mexico and Canada to begin re-negotiating NAFTA.
Announced his first foreign leader meeting will be Friday with the United Kingdom Prime Minister Theresa May.
Signaled a shift in the Justice Department’s civil rights efforts when it requested a delay in the lawsuit over a Texas law requiring voters to present certain types of government-issued IDs.
Prepared to issue more executive orders this week. Told the National Park Service not to tweet after it retweeted side-by-side images showing the crowd at former President Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration and Trump’s inauguration.
Began discussions about moving the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Confronted his first national disaster as President, deadly tornadoes in Georgia.
Issued executive orders to withdraw from the Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal negotiations, as well as executive order on abortion and lobbyists who want to work in the White House.
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/01/23/a-lis...s-done-so-far/
Old 01-24-2017, 11:19 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I see you moved this post.

Therefore I shall move my response to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
That someone would waste so much time compiling a silly assed list like this in just 72 hours is a sure fire indicator that they need to get a life.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Ready

Willful ignorance. If you avoid knowing, it's makes it easier to keep liking Trump, I can see that....
Old 01-25-2017, 07:18 AM

Two EO's to be signed today.

One ordering the wall to be built
Second authorizing the Keystone pipeline.
Also the Trump administration has muzzled Federal Departments from Tweeting. Trump will not put up with anyone upstaging him.

Here is an interesting on the impact on illegal immigration from the wall. Even with this EO, congress needs to fund the construction and wonder how that will go.

Trump's border wall attacks the wrong immigration crisis

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...-crisis-000286

Then there is another element to this, Mexico will never ever pay for the wall so Trump wants Congress to fund it first and then seek reimbursement from Mexico.
Quote:
“On the fence—it’s not a fence,” he said. “It’s a wall. You just misreported it. We’re going to build a wall.”

Trump argues that it’s just faster and more efficient for the United States to pay the costs of the wall. “I could wait about a year-and-a-half until we finish our negotiations with Mexico, which will start immediately after we get to office,” he said. “But I don’t want to wait… We’re going to start building.”

Then Trump repeated his vow to stick Mexico with the tab.

“Mexico in some form, and there are many different forms, will reimburse us and they will reimburse us for the cost of the wall,” he said. “That will happen, whether it’s a tax or whether it’s a payment—probably less likely that it’s a payment. But it will happen.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...l-it-work.html

Fun and games ahead with Trump Wall and the pipeline.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Willful ignorance. If you avoid knowing, it's makes it easier to keep liking Trump, I can see that....
Willfull ignorance is the american way. It's how we lost control of our democracy, it's why megacorp now controls every aspect of our country.

If Russia were to invade 90% of america would hide it's head in the sand and pretend it wasn't happening.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Two EO's to be signed today.

One ordering the wall to be built
Second authorizing the Keystone pipeline.

Also the Trump administration has muzzled Federal Departments from Tweeting. Trump will not put up with anyone upstaging him.
I don't like the idea of the wall, but we all knew that was coming. As for the Keystone Pipeline, I don't like it either, but that battle was lost when Bernie didn't get the nomination. Hillary/Kaine would have put that through in a heart beat too.

As for tweeting for Federal Employees, maybe things have changed, but when I was a State Employee we were not allowed to use to internet for personal stuff while we were at work. I don't see how he can prevent them from tweeting or whatever when they are off the clock.

Besides that, most people consider government employees to be overpaid goldbrickers anyway. So this one won't generate a whole lot of outrage in flyover country. And there is a certain amount of truth in that. Why do you think I put in 35 years with the Government?

I had no desire to work in the private sector. One summer during college getting my ass busted for the Dworetsky brothers' "you no wanna work go home" construction company in Fairlawn New Jersey cured me of that notion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVOPzkYCA9E

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-25-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I don't like the idea of the wall, but we all knew that was coming. As for the Keystone Pipeline, I don't like it either, but that battle was lost when Bernie didn't get the nomination. Hillary/Kaine would have put that through in a heart beat too.

As for tweeting for Federal Employees, maybe things have changed, but when I was a State Employee we were not allowed to use to internet for personal stuff while we were at work. I don't see how he can prevent them from tweeting or whatever when they are off the clock.

Besides that, most people consider government employees to be overpaid goldbrickers anyway. So this one won't generate a whole lot of outrage in flyover country.
Do you really believe that the GOP Congress is actually going to fund building of a wall, not a fence as Trump has said, but a wall? And then renegotiate NAFTA with Mexico later (agreement with Canada stays as is from what I read)?