Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/observer....n-clinton/amp/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Not that I disagree but an Op Ed is far from definitive.

(Just thought I'd deprive whell of an opening.)
Old 10-11-2016, 10:20 AM

True, it follows a general line of suspicion on this.
Assange claims to be neutral on this, but it is arguable that Vlad would rather have an ignorant vainglorious fool like Trump as a doormat to the White House than have to deal with a feisty seasoned knowledgeable adversary.

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-11-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/observer....n-clinton/amp/

You have to read past the opening of this piece. If you do, you get to this:

Quote:
Wikileaks has delivered as promised on its public threats of damaging Team Clinton with hacked emails. Although the DNC can’t deny that many of the leaked messages appear authentic—they wouldn’t have forced the chair’s resignation if they were fake, obviously—there remains the important question of how the vaunted “privacy organization” got its hands on them.

It turns out there’s hardly any mystery there. It’s no secret that the DNC was recently subject to a major hack, one which independent cybersecurity experts easily assessed as being the work of Russian intelligence through previously known cut-outs. One of them, called COZY BEAR or APT 29, has used spear-phishing to gain illegal access to many private networks in the West, as well as the White House, the State Department, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff last year. Another hacking group involved in the attack on the DNC, called FANCY BEAR or APT 28, is a well-known Russian front, as I’ve previously profiled.
And this:

Quote:
Since Assange hasn’t exactly been shy about his pro-Moscow views—including having his own show on RT, the Kremlin agitprop network—why Western reporters haven’t been digging into this mess until about four days ago is an important question. Especially since Assange years ago dropped any pretense of objectivity, slavishly following the Moscow line on a wide array of issues such as Syria which have nothing to do with “privacy.”

That Assange and Wikileaks are surrogates for Putin is now obvious....
Old 10-11-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You have to read past the opening of this piece. If you do, you get to this:

And this:
What I get is this - no one in the US gov't security community is pinning the Wikileaks data on Moscow. Until that happens, the media can try to conflate the DNC hack and Wikileaks in Op Ed pieces all they want - in what appears to be obvious service to the Dems - but there's no proof of any of their allegations.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
What I get is this - no one in the US gov't security community is pinning the Wikileaks data on Moscow. Until that happens, the media can try to conflate the DNC hack and Wikileaks in Op Ed pieces all they want - in what appears to be obvious service to the Dems - but there's no proof of any of their allegations.
Yer boy, Assange, has a contract with Russia Today, Putin's propaganda organ for western audiences.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:45 PM

Russia protests UN's anti-Trump comments
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/politi...est/index.html

Old 10-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Actually, they are. From Joint Statement of October 7th from The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Office of the Director of National intelligence (ODNI):

Quote:
The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations.
That's just the first sentence. See here for the rest: https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsro...rity-statement

You are at least repeating a big lie, whell. Are you trying to bamboozle us, or did someone bamboozle you?

Last edited by donquixote99; 10-11-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Ready

...the rest is silence.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:16 PM

crickets chirping....
Old 10-13-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Actually, they are. From Joint Statement of October 7th from The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Office of the Director of National intelligence (ODNI):

That's just the first sentence. See here for the rest: https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsro...rity-statement

You are at least repeating a big lie, whell. Are you trying to bamboozle us, or did someone bamboozle you?
Sorry, but you're twisting the facts here. That statement followed MONTHS of investigations into the source of the DNC hack. It was released on 10/7. The latest release on Wikileaks of the Blumenthal emails that the OP in this thread refers to came after.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...hacking-229296

The public finger pointing also bows to weeks of pressure from Capitol Hill and national security experts, who have lambasted the White House for staying silent about the series of hacks that have roiled the Democratic party, exposed the inner machinations of political organizations, revealed the private exchanges of high-ranking officials and fueled doubts about the electoral system's integrity.

On Friday, the administration broke that silence.

It was White House spokesman Josh Earnst who over this past weekend suggested that the latest dump on Wikileaks was "consistent with Russian - directed efforts". That statement, from Obama's political flunkie and absent any investigation by forensic cyber-security folks, has zero credibility.

Also, there have been no denials from Blumenthal, Clinton or others about much of what's in the latest release of Bluemnthal's emails. That's pretty damn telling as well.

So, sorry, you'll need to stop patting yourselves on the back and "bamboozling" yourselves before you pull a muscle.