Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
What a worthless thread!
What a worthless post. Reminds me of that Carly Simon song, You're so vain. "I'll bet you think this song is about you." Actually, this thread is about you and yours.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
What a worthless thread!
Well what do you know! Thought your ass must be dead or something but the topic turns to hate and there you are!

John
Old 03-15-2010, 08:22 PM

What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?

The hatred for Obama, Pelosi, and Reid comes from what they are doing to this country and her children.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=Twodogs;23098]What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?[QUOTE]

You do realize they were basing their conclusions on the bullshit intelligence the Bushies allowed them to see, don't you? That little fact has been around for years but the right never seems to remember when it comes time to bash some Dems.

Quote:
The hatred for Obama, Pelosi, and Reid comes from what they are doing to this country and her children.
So, they're doing this on purpose? They actually want to harm the country?

John
Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Boreas;23100][QUOTE=Twodogs;23098]What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?
Quote:

You do realize they were basing their conclusions on the bullshit intelligence the Bushies allowed them to see, don't you? That little fact has been around for years but the right never seems to remember when it comes time to bash some Dems.

So, they're doing this on purpose? They actually want to harm the country?

John
That gets us back to the; "Are they trying to destroy the country, or just inept" question? Either way, I hate'm.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Loyal Opposition

The BC gang went to great lengths to conceal the truth from congress as well as the rest of the American people, going so far as to out a CIA agent because her husband tried to tell the truth about WMD. Nope. Those 67 dems weren't in on the scheme.

I'm sorry TD, but I just see this as blind hatred. Didn't you really hate the democratic leaders before this administration even came to office? You don't want to hear preaching from a lefty, but hate is not good for your health, my friend. Go ahead and vent some anger here, but man, don't let hate eat you up.

Regards,

D-Ray

Last edited by d-ray657; 03-15-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?

That gets us back to the; "Are they trying to destroy the country, or just inept" question? Either way, I hate'm.
So, people who are doing the best they can but are failing deserve to be hated?

Didn't you say you were a Catholic? What does the Church say about hatred?

John
Old 03-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
You still haven't identified any alleged failures by the Obama administration.

I don't know about hating Bush and Cheney. I certainly believed that they were evil - sending young men and women off to die to satisfy a personal vendetta, and lying to the public in order to do so. He used 9/11 as an excuse to trample on civil rights, he allowed his buddies in the oil industry to fleece the American public to the tune of record profits, and allowed the most of the business world to police itself. They did such a damn fine job of policing themselves that we almost spun into a depression. Obama has been left with the job of cleaning up the BC economic mess in the States, and in going strong back into Afghanistan to finish a job that should have been done years ago.

Although he has had just 14 months to try to undo what BC did, and has the economy in recovery, and we are taking out high ranking officers of the Taliban and Al queda, those on the right are blinded by hatred and can't see the progress. Of course, the GOP hasn't done a damn thing in that fourteen months except to try to feed the hatred of their constituency, and plaster a smile on their face as they take checks that the voted against back home.

Regards,

D-Ray
I've read that during our first trip into Afghanistan that we required help from both the Soviets and Iran to get our troops into place. Is it not possible that our current success in Afghanistan is due because we now have a staging area in Iraq?

I assume by stating the trampling of our civil rights you are referring to the Patriot Act. I also see that it was extended by the Obama Administration.

I would also think that the high oil and gasoline prices had less to do with Bush's buddies than increased demand in India and China, also speculators moving into commodities.

And a certain argument can be made that the "Sub Prime Crisis" was due to the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act during the Clinton Administration, combined with pressure from the Community Reinvestment Act to make sub prime loans, along with missteps by the Fed Reserve, among other things.

While a certain amount of credit for the financial collapse can be laid at the Republicans feet, the Democrats had a hand in this also. Probably the main reason that the house of cards fell in is that all of the smart money boys, the one's who help the Government, Treasury, and Federal Reserve set policy, got caught with their pants down.

Thank God they're still around to fix things.

In short, I think that you're being more than a bit unfair by placing the blame for everything that's gone wrong in the world on the Bush Administration.

Chas
Old 03-15-2010, 09:25 PM

"You're so Vain" is about Phil Spector.

I know my trivia!!!

Chas
Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

The best I remember, the Clinton Administration did a lot of saber rattling, talking about how something was going to have to be done with Saddam.

Then Bush went and did it, and he's been a no account SOB in the eyes of the left every since. Or course, he already WAS a no account SOB in their eyes to start with, even before he stole the election.

But the Republican's are the party of hate.

Go figger.

Chas