Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Mutated Member

American kills German Student!

An American shot a 17 years old exchange student from Hamburg, because he thought the boy is a burglar.

The incident happened in Missoula/Montana. The young German was guest student of the "Big High School" there.

The American Society suffers from cancer. The name of this cancer is "Trigger-Happiness".
Old 04-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Mutated Member

finnbow how would you translate "Schiesswütigkeit"?
Old 04-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
An American shot a 17 years old exchange student from Hamburg, because he thought the boy is a burglar.

The incident happened in Missoula/Montana. The young German was guest student of the "Big High School" there.

The American Society suffers from cancer. The name of this cancer is "Trigger-Happiness".
Indeed it does. However, unless 20 people get gunned down at one time, it doesn't make the news here.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Indeed it does. However, unless 20 people get gunned down at one time, it doesn't make the news here.
Depressing. Very very depressing.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:

I remember when my son was a guest of a German Family on a school-sponsored trip. I can't imagine what it would have been like for him to not come home. I hope that our obsession with violence does not result in our cancer being given a giant radiation treatment.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:

Very sad indeed, Chris, and not the first time something almost exactly like this has happened.

I want to offer an alternative one-word explanation for this sort of "American Tragedy". It's paranoia.

Chris, you've said that, despite everything, you still like America. I wish you'd tell me why because I'm having a great deal of trouble with my own feelings for the place I was born.

John
Old 04-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Admin

Quote:

Sorry to hear this Chris. We have a sickness eating at society here, it's name is the NRA and it's demon spawn, A.L.E.C.
Condolences to the family and friends of this young man.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

http://missoulian.com/news/local/mis...a4bcf887a.html

This happened in Missoula. Amazingly, something nearly identical occurred in Billings.

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and...a4bcf887a.html

There's a real good chance of neither shooter being prosecuted. Paranoia, embodied in our Castle Doctrine laws, seems to be a reason enough to kill someone.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Resident octogenarian

No words that could possibly comfort, Chris.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Very sad indeed, Chris, and not the first time something almost exactly like this has happened.

I want to offer an alternative one-word explanation for this sort of "American Tragedy". It's paranoia.

Chris, you've said that, despite everything, you still like America. I wish you'd tell me why because I'm having a great deal of trouble with my own feelings for the place I was born.

John
Today is a bad day for my deep affection for the United States. Some hours ago I heard about this insane racism issue in the NBA.

John my affection is hard to explain. It is a bit like love to a woman or a man. If you can explain it like a scientific experiment it is no real love.

A collegue and friend of my father - both physicians - was married with an American woman. Her name was Marge. Both families (together seven children) spent a lot of time together and I loved Marge. She died suffering from cancer when she was 39 and I eleven years old.

My affection to this wonderful woman was the start of an affection to your country that lasts till now. I spent countless time of my life with American TV shows, American movies, American literature (I think some 300 books in my library are written by Americans), American Art like Warhol, Hopper, Copley - but the most influence had the Genius Frank Zappa (there are of course a lot of other American musicians, also classical like Copland as well).

Frank Zappa is my Godfather, my Guru since I was 17. But his lyrics told me a lot of the dark side of America, the evil reality. One of the best examples for that is "Trouble Every Day" describing the Watts Riots. Unforgettable is that a lot of American soldiers lost their life in order to free Germany from Nazi tyranny.

I fear that this post does not make much logical sense - like most of emotional issues - but I try to express that America gave me such a lot that my deep gratitude is in a way something like love.

Since I am member of this forum I know much more what I assumed for many years, that America is a suffering, sick ailing helpless Giant and that the American Society is divided in two parts that are irreconcilable which makes the situation (almost?) hopeless. So I understand your sentiments John. You are so close to all that miseries your society is suffering from that you can't see the positive things anymore. Your country is partly so indescribable beautiful and in this country live so many indescribable wonderful people.

My best American friend is the Afro-American AK member Don. Once he told me a precious sentence, and now I want to tell it to you John, remember this sentence when you think there are only evil stupid politically intolerant people around you:

"Never forget that some people have nothing else to do than to try to make others feel and or seem small in their eyes and you just can't give them that satisfaction."

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 04-28-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Spelling, punctuation