Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:34 PM

Mission Incompetent

Gen. Lloyd Austin, Centcom, testified before Congress yesterday just “four or five” U.S.-trained anti-ISIS forces are currently in the fight against the so-called Islamic State, despite a program that cost $200 million. It is a staggeringly low number for a program where the Obama administration had initially planned to train 5,400 fighters a year.

Great.

At this pace of training, United States Central Command Commander Gen. Lloyd Austin told a Senate committee, the U.S. “won’t reach the goal we initially established for ourself.”

Well, duh.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
Gen. Lloyd Austin, Centcom, testified before Congress yesterday just “four or five” U.S.-trained anti-ISIS forces are currently in the fight against the so-called Islamic State, despite a program that cost $200 million. It is a staggeringly low number for a program where the Obama administration had initially planned to train 5,400 fighters a year.

Great.

At this pace of training, United States Central Command Commander Gen. Lloyd Austin told a Senate committee, the U.S. “won’t reach the goal we initially established for ourself.”

Well, duh.
We shouldn't even be the fuck over there.

It's funny that ISIS doesn't need anybody to train them. All the good motivated fighters have found a way to get themselves trained. And they're fighting for the other side. The ones that are left that we are training are the fucking losers that are afraid to fight. No amount of training can help someone who has no motivation.

It's the same thing that happened in Vietnam.

The motivated ones all went with the NVA and Viet Cong.

The ARVN's were a bunch of bed wetting losers.

We tried to train them and turn the fighting over to them and what happened? They folded up like a cheap suit.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Jigsawed

Probably a way to divert funds.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
We shouldn't even be the fuck over there.
I would agree with you, but those roaches are kidnapping pre-teen little girls and women by the hundreds and raping them repeatedly before selling them to be further abused or cutting their heads off when they are done.

Someone needs to save them. If there was ever a right reason to gear up and go after someone, that has to be it.

I can not imagine being a father or husband losing my wife or daughter to those criminals and having no hope of saving them.

Last edited by catswiththum; 09-17-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
I would agree with you, but those roaches are kidnapping pre-teen little girls and women by the hundreds and raping them repeatedly before selling them to be further abused or cutting their heads off when they are done.
Nothing like good old demonization of the Enemy to work up a lust for war.

It's been going on since time immemorial.

And most of it is bullshit.

http://911review.com/precedent/decade/incubators.html

Quote:
The Kuwaiti Incubator Baby Hoax

A key event in generating momentum for the first U.S. War on Iraq, "Operation Desert Storm" was a fraudulent report of the murder of Kuwaiti babies by Iraqi soldiers. On October 10, 1990, the U.S. Congressional Human Rights Caucus held a hearing on the subject of Iraqi human rights violations. The centerpiece of the event was the emotional testimony of a 15-year-old Kuwaiti girl, known only by her first name, Nayirah. Her full name was supposedly being kept secret to protect her from Iraqi reprisals. The girl relayed a shocking story while sobbing.
I volunteered at the al-Addan hospital. While I was there, I saw the Iraqi soldiers come into the hospital with guns, and go into the room where . . . babies were in incubators. They took the babies out of the incubators, took the incubators, and left the babies on the cold floor to die.

The massacre never occurred. The girl was actually the daughter of a Kuwaiti emir, and had been coached by the public relations firm Hill and Knowlton to give persuasive false testimony.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:47 PM

This is happening, Tom - it has been reported in all the news outlets, channels, and confirmed numerous times.

They need help. Maybe the Russians have the balls to do it, although they will wipe out anyone against Assad while they are at it.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Ready

The best thing to do along these lines would be to send over a couple of divisions and copious air support and destroy ISIS rule in all the territory where it exists. This will involve killing about 100,000 people, more civilians than fighters, including a lot of innocent little girls. They are very nasty people and it's just possible I could be convinced that this is worth doing because worse things will happen if we don't. But it's not the sort of thing I favor much.

Of course, anything short of the 'best thing' is not worth doing at all. Just hope the Saudis can keep them out of Mecca, or 'it's course' might be very very long....

Last edited by donquixote99; 09-17-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:00 PM

I was reading interviews with some of the few girls who made it out - it was horrifying and heartbreaking.

I wish everyone could just get along, I wish everyone could see reason and act accordingly, I wish there was no need for armed conflict.

But I think how it must have been for some little girl torn away from her parents and thrown in some dark hole to be brutalized repeatedly before being beheaded.

Last edited by catswiththum; 09-17-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:09 PM
Ready

Quote:
I was reading interviews with some of the few girls who made it out - it was horrifying and heartbreaking.

I wish everyone could just get along, I wish everyone could see reason act accordingly, I wish there was no need for armed conflict.

But I think how it must have been for some little girl torn away from her parents and thrown in some dark hole to be brutalized repeatedly before being beheaded.
This is awful, but you can't let awful bloody emotionally-loaded anecdote drive policy. The first question is moral--is there a way do do more good than evil with a war? Wars mess up young girls too, as I was saying. Then you get to the political question--what is it actually possible to do? If Obama called for an invasion into ISIS-land, what would public opinion be? Would the Republicans be able to block it? If Obama wanted it, they'd see it as the worst thing since the Huns came west....
Old 09-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
This is happening, Tom - it has been reported in all the news outlets, channels, and confirmed numerous times.
I've been lied to too may times in order to justify goddamned wars.

Not interested.

Hell even if the stories are true, we'll just fuck it up more if we stick our noses in it.

But it's no use trying to talk to you about it.

Your tenure at the DOD obviously left you brainwashed to the point where you actually believe we can be the world's Police.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 09-17-2015 at 04:28 PM.