Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Scorched Earth";

Whatever a tyrant can't control, he destroys.

Not just Flint, but Detroit and the rest of the Rust Belt was deliberately abandoned to show the American people who's boss and that the bosses HATE Democracy. Democracy, to my mind, is the very heart of freedom itself. Just as some may argue that the unions went too far, I would argue that those who dogmatically oppose them can also go too far. And, in fact history proves that they have and most likely will again. The long view presents a much different picture than the short-sighted one painted by those who oppose empowered labor, my friend.............

In advance to some of you who will hate the point of this thread;

Up Yours......

Dave
If Detroit was a white neighborhood, they would have been bailed out along with the banks.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:47 AM

Who's been running the D. I've been saying for years "Why do they keep voting those fucking dems in"? Of course we know that's because they are all goose stepping union jack offs. I'm union, will retire in one year two months, and have never voted dem. Not that I would
n't have if they had ran a candidate I trusted and agreed with. My lawn, 2 acres across from the golf course, is lined with Republican signs. That after many threats from the union. Do you know we still have a goon squad. Maybe it's my policy of a loaded high caliber in every room of the house, or the 3 my wife packs everyday, but I think because of my "guns" and shoot first rep., nobody fucks with my signs. Run Ben Run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Scorched Earth";

Whatever a tyrant can't control, he destroys.

Not just Flint, but Detroit and the rest of the Rust Belt was deliberately abandoned to show the American people who's boss and that the bosses HATE Democracy. Democracy, to my mind, is the very heart of freedom itself. Just as some may argue that the unions went too far, I would argue that those who dogmatically oppose them can also go too far. And, in fact history proves that they have and most likely will again. The long view presents a much different picture than the short-sighted one painted by those who oppose empowered labor, my friend.............

In advance to some of you who will hate the point of this thread;

Up Yours......

Dave

Last edited by Twodogs; 03-07-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:55 AM

Hey let me say I have always been a champion of Detroit. I give them credit for us being victorious in WWII. I also thinks is one of the saddest things happening right now in our country. You know it's fucking priorities, CA is doing fine all the sudden. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that they were toast? I'd feel jubilant if they took every tax dollar I ever paid in and used it to "fix" Detroit. Don't blame it on the gangs and blacks either. Until you've been shoved out of a womb into that situation, you don't need to comment. I feel Detroit will come back, and if takes WWIII, bring it.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well if we would level the damn playing field and tariff Asian imports the way they do our exports it would be a different story. All I ever see is people bad mouthing American cars yet Florence and I are still driving a pair of year 2000 Chev Impala LSs. The people at the garage were we have them serviced say they want first dibs if we ever decide to sell.

I see the commercials for Toyota, Mazda and Honda on TV and I have never seem such butt ugly cars in my life. And Nissan is not a hell of a lot better.

Oh and please don't tell me they are made here, assembled here in 'right to starve' states is more accurate.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well if we would level the damn playing field and tariff Asian imports the way they do our exports it would be a different story. All I ever see is people bad mouthing American cars yet Florence and I are still driving a pair of year 2000 Chev Impala LSs. The people at the garage were we have them serviced say they want first dibs if we ever decide to sell.

I see the commercials for Toyota, Mazda and Honda on TV and I have never seem such butt ugly cars in my life. And Nissan is not a hell of a lot better.

Oh and please don't tell me they are made here, assembled here in 'right to starve' states is more accurate.
Couldn't agree more. My wife's last three were various forms of the Envoy and 200k was getting good an d broke in. I think we got that Jap cars are better rap, in late 70s early 80 when we had to start building fuel efficient tiny cars to compete, and the Japs had been doing it for years and years, There as a curve, but we've definitely caught and passed them. I believe it was Honda who thought an interference engine with a timing "belt" was a good deal. That has to be in the top ten worst engineering feats. Unless they wanted to sell you a new motor every 100k, because that's about how long the belt lasted. Seemed they always give it up at highway speed too, which would insure at least bent valves.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Hey let me say I have always been a champion of Detroit. I give them credit for us being victorious in WWII. I also thinks is one of the saddest things happening right now in our country. You know it's fucking priorities, CA is doing fine all the sudden. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that they were toast? I'd feel jubilant if they took every tax dollar I ever paid in and used it to "fix" Detroit. Don't blame it on the gangs and blacks either. Until you've been shoved out of a womb into that situation, you don't need to comment. I feel Detroit will come back, and if takes WWIII, bring it.
WWIII would likely take Detroit and other urban centers to radioactive rubble, with untold millions broiled, blasted to dust--or done in about 1/3 by such effects and left to die a slow death.

I don't think it's a good economic recovery plan.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Admin

Still drivin' a Fix Or Repair Daily, though I downsized to six banger Ranger from the F250 5.8L Super Duty Gasshole. It's nice not having two tanks to fill up every damn week.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:05 PM
reflexionar

In the last 3 decades I have owned mostly domestic rigs. My 89 Camaro died at 140K. My 93 Grand Prix lasted to about 140K. My 99 Grand Am got a new tranny at 130K. My 04 Dakota was just about finished with its second tranny at 130K. My first import, a 93 Protege that I bought at 140K went to 240K with no issues. My wifes 09 Corolla went 100K with no issues bu a water pump. I now have a '15 Tacoma, and a '15 Corolla and won't apologize to Detroit. Hell, the '13 Road Glide probably has more oriental parts on it than domestic.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. My wife's last three were various forms of the Envoy and 200k was getting good an d broke in. I think we got that Jap cars are better rap, in late 70s early 80 when we had to start building fuel efficient tiny cars to compete, and the Japs had been doing it for years and years, There as a curve, but we've definitely caught and passed them. I believe it was Honda who thought an interference engine with a timing "belt" was a good deal. That has to be in the top ten worst engineering feats. Unless they wanted to sell you a new motor every 100k, because that's about how long the belt lasted. Seemed they always give it up at highway speed too, which would insure at least bent valves.
Just about every manufacturer has some interference designs. I suppose it's the price you pay to maximize the compression ratio for highest efficiency/performance.

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/List...erence_Engines
Old 03-07-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
That has to be in the top ten worst engineering feats. Unless they wanted to sell you a new motor every 100k, because that's about how long the belt lasted.
That's why they recommend changing the belt every 60,000 miles.

Tags
no union brotherhood