Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:35 PM

Famous photo of Rumsfeld/Powell/Rice (Help Please)

Last night some friends and I were reminiscing about the early days of the Iraq War (ahh...the good old days) and the issue of Colin Powell's culpability and legacy came up. For me whatever stink he acquired in supporting the lead up to war and his UN presentation was excused by that photo of him and Rumsfeld hollering at each other in the Rose Garden with Condi glowering in the background. My friend gave me a WTF look, letting me know he had never seen it. I was blown away since I feel like it was a pretty famous photo, maybe even won some journalism awards (?).

Long story short (too late) we spent way too long on google image search with no luck, and after another fruitless search today I'm starting to think this post belongs in the conspiracy section as the photo seems to have been expunged from the internet entirely. Anybody got a copy? Thanks.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Resident octogenarian

Probably in the same file as the one of Rummy and Wolfowitz smiling from ear to ear as they left the Whitehouse knowing Dubya was going into Iraq. BTW did Condi ever do anything else but glower?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 PM

I'm drawing a blank on this one too. (Insert WTF look here.) I doubt it's anything I've ever seen since I'd not likely forget it if I had. If you succeed in finding it, please post it to this thread.

And welcome!

John
Old 08-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Thanks, forgot to introduce myself since I wandered over here from audiokarma.org I already felt at home.

Maybe I'm so enamored with the photo that I created the idea of it being famous. Can I get some outside confirmation of this photo's existence and awesomeness if not a link to it? Definitely the first time I saw it I was struck by the real behind the scenes look, government in action i suppose. Whoever took it was either extremely lucky or very talented at evading the white house handlers.

Definitely will post it if I find it elsewhere.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
BTW did Condi ever do anything else but glower?
Very true. Lots of good Condi shots popped up in my search, this might be my favorite

http://www.bloggerfaces.com/category/uncategorized/
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

We had a local (Columbia MD) comic strip writer who always portrayed her in a Darth Vader mask.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by timshelcaleb View Post
Thanks, forgot to introduce myself since I wandered over here from audiokarma.org I already felt at home.

Maybe I'm so enamored with the photo that I created the idea of it being famous. Can I get some outside confirmation of this photo's existence and awesomeness if not a link to it? Definitely the first time I saw it I was struck by the real behind the scenes look, government in action i suppose. Whoever took it was either extremely lucky or very talented at evading the white house handlers.

Definitely will post it if I find it elsewhere.
I can visualize the photo you mention but is it from memory or from power of suggestion? I can't be sure.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Loyal Opposition

I looked for the photo some last night, with no luck. Tons of references to the photo of Rummy and Powell looking on as the president made a statement in the Rose Garden.

BTW, welcome Timshelcaleb.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I looked for the photo some last night, with no luck. Tons of references to the photo of Rummy and Powell looking on as the president made a statement in the Rose Garden.

BTW, welcome Timshelcaleb.
Thanks. Trust me I know what photo you're talking bout. Could have been from the same day really, all the people are there. I've tried a few more times and still no luck. Oh well... I guess history has been revised. Now if we could just convince ourselves we found WMDs.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Abby Normal

Maybe the photo was moved to Syria where the WMDs were moved to?