Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2024, 01:36 PM

The Inevitable?

Despite increasingly desperate-sounding Biden cheerleading in the liberal media (and I'm not meaning that descriptor as a pejorative -- I count myself as a liberal), it's beginning to look as though the USA is being frog-marched down the path to the inevitable: a Trump victory in November.

Having successfully postponed nearly all his legal woes to well after the election, he and his thugs appear to be fending off last (and weakest) viable case against him, largely due to Michael Cohen's flaws as a key witness.

My own special theory is that regardless of facts, enough people FEEL like things aren't working for them that they're prepared to say, "Fuck it, let's just blow it all up."

My message to them? Just this: be careful what you ask for, folks.
Old 05-18-2024, 03:16 PM

As one who has been studying history for now seventy years. Knowing humans as a flawed spices with many issues. One it seems doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

With the climate effecting so many forcing movement to the poles. The rise in authoritarian governments because of the powerful and rich in order to stay that way.

Seeing how easy it is once faced with starvation people will conform turn on their family neighbors friends in the past. Know full well it will happen again and again.

Look at Kansas Missouri and the civil war when there was a conflict with two sides opposed to compromise.

What I tell folks now when hearing this kinda macho gun out of my cold dead hand BS....

This is the good old days before the storm. For once the unrest starts, forget abot Grocery stores gas meds cell phone internet.......

We are fkd!

The guy down the street will be coming after you for food and water.
Old 05-18-2024, 05:15 PM

About the Cohen factor. I've seen it written that the jury doesn't have to like him just believe him. When it comes to credibility everyone even his cult, tho' they won't admit it, knows tRump is a serial liar. Factor in Cohen wasn't the only witness and wasn't the only supplied evidence. I'll agree if tRump gets in office we're fkd. The same if the Republicon's keep the House and take the Senate. If sanity prevails and the Dems keep the Senate, the WH, and take the House that "fkd" might be postponed a while. It ain't over until it's over.
Old 05-18-2024, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
About the Cohen factor. I've seen it written that the jury doesn't have to like him just believe him. When it comes to credibility everyone even his cult, tho' they won't admit it, knows tRump is a serial liar. Factor in Cohen wasn't the only witness and wasn't the only supplied evidence. I'll agree if tRump gets in office we're fkd. The same if the Republicon's keep the House and take the Senate. If sanity prevails and the Dems keep the Senate, the WH, and take the House that "fkd" might be postponed a while. It ain't over until it's over.
All it takes is one juror Ricky, we have a hung jury and I will bet a large amount of money that this case will end here. And of course Trump will claim victory, Faux and Foes will trumpet this to no end and in a week, the MAGA world will believe that Trump was never guilty to begin with and this was "lawfare' by Biden.

BTW, I absolutely detest the term lawfare, it puts the blame on the legal system for prosecuting someone who broke the law. How crazy can we get, a certifiable crook is now considered a victim?
Old 05-18-2024, 07:08 PM
Admin

Gloom and doomers...smh. Turn off the boob toob and spin some tunes.
Just vote.
Old 05-18-2024, 07:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Gloom and doomers...smh. Turn off the boob toob and spin some tunes.
Just vote.
Indeed. It's still early. There will be plenty more criminal revelations about the Cheeto Benito between now and election day.
Old 05-18-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Indeed. It's still early. There will be plenty more criminal revelations about the Cheeto Benito between now and election day ...
... which will continue to be discounted or outright ignored by just enough people to get him elected.

I'm thinking Biden's best chance will be to pull a Trump and refuse to leave.
Old 05-19-2024, 12:11 AM
Ready

" the best lack all conviction, while the worst are filled with passionate intensity." But this ain't no new thing these times now are not unique, the quote is from an old poem. I say all will be well. On Election Day they don't measure noise, they count votes.