Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:38 PM

Dynakit PAS complete in unknown cdx, $10, Adcom GFA-535 in excellent condition not working, $10 needing fatigued board fuses replaced to play. It will get a board recap, 2 each of two boards.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-04-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:41 PM

Dynakit and Adcom for $10? Those are scores. My 535 sounds really smooth...I have one of those Chinese Music Angle (lol) tube pre-amps driving it....

the key is to keep looking and hope the people selling them don't look at Ebay prices lol.
Even at $100 (which is about right give or take) the Adcom is worth it.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Dynakit PAS complete in unknown cdx, $10, Adcom GFA-535 in excellent condition not working, $10 beefing fatigued board fuses replaced to play. It will get a board recap, 2 each of two boards.

Nice! I've heard good things about the 535s over at AK. One of my 555's had a blown internal fuse when I bought it. Which PAS is it?
Old 10-04-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Nice! I've heard good things about the 535s over at AK. One of my 555's had a blown internal fuse when I bought it. Which PAS is it?
The earlier brass panel job. Came from the same system as the Adcom, assuming the 535 may have replaced a Dyna amp (Perhaps Stereo 70 or 120) sometime around 1990. The setup was used regularly until recently, the PAS had aged Chicom replacement tubes. Looking to see if the speakers came with, assuming something like Dyna A-25. Source was apparently a Hafler DH330 tuner, also there f/s $25.
This makes 3 GFA-535s I've accumulated, along with a GFA-545-II.

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-04-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Ready

Sansui 6060. Needs work--makes sound, but subdued vol, and distorted. $35.00 at the GWO. Was just taking a chance. I'll see what I can do, but I'll likely wind up passing it along for parts/repair.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Sansui 6060. Needs work--makes sound, but subdued vol, and distorted. $35.00 at the GWO. Was just taking a chance. I'll see what I can do, but I'll likely wind up passing it along for parts/repair.
I am afraid to buy those silver receivers since every one I pick up seems to have issues.

I had a 7070 once but there was slight distortion in one of the channels. I will grab NADs and Luxmans though.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I am afraid to buy those silver receivers since every one I pick up seems to have issues.

I had a 7070 once but there was slight distortion in one of the channels. I will grab NADs and Luxmans though.
I've been pretty lucky on those but I always check them as best I can before buying them. I carry a DMM, headphones and interconnects to use my smart phone as a source. It allows me to rule out a good number of the bad ones.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I've been pretty lucky on those but I always check them as best I can before buying them. I carry a DMM, headphones and interconnects to use my smart phone as a source. It allows me to rule out a good number of the bad ones.

I try to do that too. The Luxman R-115 I have seems to work ok for now...I replaced the
speaker relay and it works, although I have to hit it sometimes I think there is a cold solder joint. Between my Luxman, Adcom 535, and the Mitsubishi amp I found last month my SS needs are met. I will keep an eye out for those Sony 6060s though. Plus I have a NAD and a Sherwood rx-5505 receiver too lol.

Those 90's era Luxmans sound really smooth. Something about them.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I try to do that too. The Luxman R-115 I have seems to work ok for now...I replaced the
speaker relay and it works, although I have to hit it sometimes I think there is a cold solder joint. Between my Luxman, Adcom 535, and the Mitsubishi amp I found last month my SS needs are met. I will keep an eye out for those Sony 6060s though. Plus I have a NAD and a Sherwood rx-5505 receiver too lol.

Those 90's era Luxmans sound really smooth. Something about them.
Luxman is one of my favorite brands. I had a PD264 turntable that I bought in 1983 for many years. I currently have a T-310u Tuner and the matching L309 Integrated that I bought as a set off of Ebay. I probably paid too much, but they were sold by the original owner, meticulously maintained and in nearly like new condition. The sound is nothing short of gorgeous. Not bad for 40 year old electronics. They drive a set of ADS 710s.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:24 PM

LG Blu-ray player $5..with remote!