Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Banned

Sometimes You Have To Say WTF

Egyptian al-Qaida-inspired militant group claims responsibility for 2 bombings in south Sinai

CAIRO – An Egyptian militant group has claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombings that killed three people and wounded eight on Friday in the southern Sinai Peninsula.

In a statement posted Sunday on militant websites, al-Qaida inspired group Ansar Beit al-Maqdis warned the Egyptian army "we will not rest until we achieve retribution for the blood and honor of the Muslims."

In the first attack, a suicide bomber blew himself up in front of a bus carrying workers, killing one and wounding three. Another bomber blew himself up at an army checkpoint, killing a soldier and a civilian passer-by and wounding five others.

The group urged the Egyptian people to "rebel against this oppressive and tyrannical regime" and not resort only to peaceful opposition movements.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05...or-2-bombings/

Really!! I mean that last line took some nerve and couldn't help but to say WTF.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Area Man

I often do think, "WTF?".
Old 05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
[B][SIZE="4"]"rebel against this oppressive and tyrannical regime" and not resort only to peaceful opposition movements.
Where have I heard that kind of talk before?

Old 05-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Religious extremists are an embarrassment as well as a hazard to everyone, including fellow faith holders. Logical thinking and ethical behavior don't attach to this phenomenon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2014, 06:25 PM
reflexionar

Ok, wtf?
Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Ok, wtf?
LOL

Well really the adult male would be the least oppressed out of the culture.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Religious extremists are an embarrassment as well as a hazard to everyone, including fellow faith holders. Logical thinking and ethical behavior don't attach to this phenomenon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Which was the inspiration to the bumper sticker, "God save me from your followers".
May I also add this thread to my prayers.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Ready

How do you say WTF? Something like 'wuhtif?'
Old 05-04-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Egyptian al-Qaida-inspired militant group claims responsibility for 2 bombings in south Sinai

CAIRO – An Egyptian militant group has claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombings that killed three people and wounded eight on Friday in the southern Sinai Peninsula.

In a statement posted Sunday on militant websites, al-Qaida inspired group Ansar Beit al-Maqdis warned the Egyptian army "we will not rest until we achieve retribution for the blood and honor of the Muslims."

In the first attack, a suicide bomber blew himself up in front of a bus carrying workers, killing one and wounding three. Another bomber blew himself up at an army checkpoint, killing a soldier and a civilian passer-by and wounding five others.

The group urged the Egyptian people to "rebel against this oppressive and tyrannical regime" and not resort only to peaceful opposition movements.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05...or-2-bombings/

Really!! I mean that last line took some nerve and couldn't help but to say WTF.
The Ansar Beit al-Maqdis is a militant terrorist group. But it is not Al-quaida inspired. They come from the "Muslim Brotherhood", a group founded in 1928. They may share some of the same principles even, but they are not inspired by al-Quaida. To use the term "al-quaida inspired" is simply an emotional shocker to get people mad. It amounts to a lie in my book. It is a fear tactic and has no place in factual reporting. As such, I deem Fox unreliable.

I did some other checking and the article is sound(I think) otherwise.

For the record, I laugh at CNN these days. They have gone from good to bad to unbelievably absurd.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
The Ansar Beit al-Maqdis is a militant terrorist group. But it is not Al-quaida inspired. They come from the "Muslim Brotherhood", a group founded in 1928. They may share some of the same principles even, but they are not inspired by al-Quaida. To use the term "al-quaida inspired" is simply an emotional shocker to get people mad. It amounts to a lie in my book. It is a fear tactic and has no place in factual reporting. As such, I deem Fox unreliable.

I did some other checking and the article is sound(I think) otherwise.

For the record, I laugh at CNN these days. They have gone from good to bad to unbelievably absurd.
Awesome analysis. Probably laziness on Fox's part though. They might like the ties to the Muslim Brotherhood better. Easier to link Obama to a group with which he tried to have some diplomatic discussion than a group whose leaders he has been eliminating.

Regards,

D-Ray