Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Admin

The Wackjob Anti Vaccination Movement and Measles

http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...ry.html#page=1

Good lord, these people need to be rounded up and have their progeny vaccinated against their parents stupidity.

"Gary Monahan remembers his son's temperature spiking to 102 degrees when he was vaccinated for measles, mumps and rubella. The child then landed in the hospital with what appeared to be whooping cough after his next round of vaccinations.
By the time the child was 3 1/2 , he was diagnosed with autism, Monahan said.
The experience reshaped Monahan's approach to raising his children. Now, the Costa Mesa city councilman, who is the father of six, has skipped vaccinations for his last four children.
Even the specter of the current measles outbreak, which spread rapidly from Disneyland after an exposure during the holidays, has not given Monahan pause.
FULL COVERAGE: Measles outbreak tied to Disneyland

"How do I say this without sounding crazy?" he said. "I don't want anyone to get measles … but you have to make it easier for the parents through the health system to do it the right way. Pounding three live viruses into somebody at 1 year old is devastating."
Measles can be especially severe in babies, toddlers and pregnant women, as well as other adults, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Especially vulnerable are infants younger than 12 months, before they get their first dose of the vaccine known as MMR — for measles, mumps and rubella." LATimes
Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 PM

I just wounder how many of the same parents who forgo getting their young the Measles shot would be in line to get one for Ebola?

Barney
Old 01-26-2015, 04:05 PM

"Attenuated" virus vaccines, like the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine, are a bit of a risky proposition. They depend on forcing a mutation in living viruses which makes them incapable or sometimes merely less capable of infecting a new host. This allows the body to produce antibodies to the virus in relative safety. The trouble is, sometimes a second mutation can occur undetected and the viruses can regain their potency. Also, sometimes even a "safe" vaccine can infect a patient if that person is immunocompromised.

Killed virus vaccines are, as a rule, safer than those made from attenuated, or "modified live viruses", but only some dead viruses can trigger a sufficient immune response. Measles is one such virus.

John

Last edited by Boreas; 01-26-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Boy Bob we sure agree to this. And to boot they lower the herd immunity.

Cheers!

Pete
Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Abby Normal

way too many vaccines around

for example, we are the only country on earth that peddles the flu vaccine like we do

measles is simply not a big enough deal to be insisting everyone get a shot

that's just another windfall for big pharma
Old 01-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Resident octogenarian

Perhaps but some of us older folk react badly to the flu so the shot is necessary even though they screwed up this year.

The brother next to me, rest his soul, reacted badly to whatever they had back in the late twenties as a childhood vaccine.

Oddly enough I was in hospital for summat (either appendectomy or having a cast removed) and the lad they brought in and put in the next bed had measles. It was no joke believe me, the full blown variety is no laughing matter.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:43 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I just wounder how many of the same parents who forgo getting their young the Measles shot would be in line to get one for Ebola?

Barney
Excellent question, Barney. I'll bet if we started an "Obama tries to destroy America with Mumps!" meme, the morons would line up for the shots.

Dave
Old 02-03-2015, 03:47 AM
Area Man

Give away free ammo with the vaccinations and the lines will wrap around the block......................
Old 02-03-2015, 08:35 AM

I still think that there's ALOT we don't know about the long term impact of any number of medical treatments including vaccines.

Inactivated vaccines are the ones that cause the least risk of side effects. Live "attenuated" vaccines are the ones that tend to cause concern, as they have the greatest risk for side effects. While "rare" - which is a relative term when one of the 2 - 4 cases in 1,000,000 can be your kid - some side effects can cause severe reactions and in some cases can be fatal.

Did we get our kids vaccinated? Sure. At the time we did, were the risks fully disclosed? - as in the same level of disclosure you might see in your average Ciali$ commercial? Hell no. If we did have that level of disclosure at the time, might it have changed our decision - making? Possibly.

I still question - for example - the Measles / Mumps / Rubella (MMR) vaccine, which we're told should should first be administered at 12 - 15 months when the immune system is still developing. Of course children are quite vulnerable at this age to contracting these diseases. However, there's no question that parents are being "pushed" to vaccine their kids, and full disclosure of the impact of injecting attenuated live viruses into a baby has nowhere near the full disclose that it should.

Last edited by whell; 02-03-2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-03-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I still think that there's ALOT we don't know about the long term impact of any number of medical treatments including vaccines.
You're in some pretty exalted company there, whell.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/02/politi...ccine-effects/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...nations-uh-oh/

John