Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:55 AM
Banned

I've had a gut full of Tejas and the majority of people I've met from Tejas. A few years back my cousin from here in Chicago picked up a job at at the Continental Airlines maintenance unit in Houston. The family lasted there for a little less than two years...mostly due to the utter social isolation perped on them, mostly on his wife and two daughters by their "hospitable" Tejas bowhead womenfolk neighbors.

Cruz...Farenthold...Gohmert...Perry...Abbott. And of course the ignorant voters who put subhuman scum like this in office year after year...it's just pretty much soured me on Tejas for good. So as much as I find the years of dominance of the Cubs by teams from Brooklyn and LA so hard to accept, I really do prefer to see the Dodgers win this rather than bring even a fleeting moment of professional sports joy to anybody from Tejas.

One general comment about MLB these days...the technology is all there to have balls and strikes called by computer. The home plate ump can call hit batsmen, foul/fair calls, plays at the plate, etc...but the accuracy of umpire's ball/strike call performance is nuts. We have instant replay on tags, and ball possession, missed bags when running the bases...and rhubarbs over the calls and the replays. Meantime, legitmate studies have the accuracy of ball/strike calls at a miserable 84%...300 pitches in an average game makes almost 50 of them missed. And on pitches on the corners, accuracy drops to around 50%. It nuts and it changes the outcome of hundreds of games every year in the major leagues.

Anybody wonder why the players are so pissed off at the upires all the time, both pitchers and batters? Anybody wonder why MLB lets the umpires throw any player out of the game if they dare fucking complain about a ball or strike call? Twenty...thirty times a game watching the playoffs this year I'm like...WTF is that??? Pitches way in called balls...way out called strikes. Feh.

Thus endeth the rant.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-29-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:03 AM
Admin

Wow! 12-12 bottom of the 9th. (grin)
Old 10-30-2017, 12:51 AM
Admin

Final 12-13 Astros. Awesome game.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:04 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Bigly.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
In the opinion of one Grant Brisbee, a blogger on SBNation.com, it was at once the greatest game and the most awful game ever.

Astros and Dodgers Break The Game Of Baseball Into A Million Pieces

I read the article with some interest, particularly noting the mention of "strike zone" a number of times in the list of the stuff that happened that Brisbee believes made it the worst game ever.

By the top of the 10th the crowd looked like they had all taken that extra Xanax during the bottom of the 9th:

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-30-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:47 PM
Admin

LA 3-1 tonite, it's going to game 7 tomorrow night.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:57 AM
Rational Anarchist

Congratulation to the Astros who have brought The Lone Star State it's first World Series championship. Only took 102 seasons.

Last edited by nailer; 11-02-2017 at 08:59 AM.