Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
It gets even weirder. Trump confirms the book's assertions.

'Trump’s lawyers send cease-and-desist letter to Bannon' WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3f860f9d9f9b

Ok.... this calls for more than popcorn. Get me a box of milk duds!!
Old 01-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Trump's attorneys are asking to put a gag on Bannon through legal means, asking for a cease and desist order against Wolff and his publisher, and this is getting very serious. Whatever happened to the Fake News defense?

This is getting very real. If you have to sue someone to get them to shut up, it's probably because it's true. This may have taken the wind out of the sails of the mean and stupid duo of Nunes & Gowdy.

It's now about money laundering and the whole world knows it. Buy Kimberly-Clark stocks, makers of Depends. Lot of people are going to be needing it.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:55 PM

Mercer issues rare public rebuke of former ally Bannon
Quote:
In a new statement Thursday, billionaire conservative donor Rebekah Mercer said that she has not spoken to Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, in many months and that she continues to support President Trump.

"I support President Trump and the platform upon which he was elected," Mercer said. "My family and I have not communicated with Steve Bannon in many months and have provided no financial support to his political agenda, nor do we support his recent actions and statements."
Rebekah Mercer has cut Bannon off and it seems there is a movement to oust Bannon from Breitfart. This may really get Bannon really pissed which of course is great news.

Trump has said over and over that there was no collusion, and Bannon now says there was treason, which of course trumps collusion. Then there is the ever toxic money laundering.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fdea5bd9bd82
Old 01-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Admin

“Where’s my Roy Cohn?”

"WASHINGTON — President Trump gave firm instructions in March to the White House’s top lawyer: stop the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, from recusing himself in the Justice Department’s investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s associates had helped a Russian campaign to disrupt the 2016 election.
Public pressure was building for Mr. Sessions, who had been a senior member of the Trump campaign, to step aside. But the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, carried out the president’s orders and lobbied Mr. Sessions to remain in charge of the inquiry, according to two people with knowledge of the episode.
Mr. McGahn was unsuccessful, and the president erupted in anger in front of numerous White House officials, saying he needed his attorney general to protect him. Mr. Trump said he had expected his top law enforcement official to safeguard him the way he believed Robert F. Kennedy, as attorney general, had done for his brother John F. Kennedy and Eric H. Holder Jr. had for Barack Obama.
Mr. Trump then asked, “Where’s my Roy Cohn?” He was referring to his former personal lawyer and fixer, who had been Senator Joseph R. McCarthy’s top aide during the investigations into communist activity in the 1950s and died in 1986.
The lobbying of Mr. Sessions is one of several previously unreported episodes that the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has learned about as he investigates whether Mr. Trump obstructed the F.B.I.’s Russia inquiry. The events occurred during a two-month period — from when Mr. Sessions recused himself in March until the appointment of Mr. Mueller in May — when Mr. Trump believed he was losing control over the investigation." NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/u...gahn.html?_r=0

Pathetic.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:59 PM
Admin

Grassley and Graham tell the DOJ to bring charges against former MI6 agent Steele.

Bob Mueller must be getting really close.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3665be73e122
Old 01-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Grassley and Graham tell the DOJ to bring charges against former MI6 agent Steele.

Bob Mueller must be getting really close.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3665be73e122
Grassley has always been a Trump sycophant, but Graham has only turned into one lately. I'm guessing Trump has pictures of him in flagranti with a young boy or a sheep. History will be a very mean judge of these unpatriotic clowns.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:55 PM

So what exactly does this mean? How does this get closer to any involvement Trump might or might not have in obstruction of justice?
Old 01-05-2018, 06:15 PM

From what I understand, obstruction of justice is going to be very difficult to prove and there will be no takers in the GOP Congress. I think they are still afraid of Trump's base.

Money laundering on the other hand gets played outside of politics, and if there is resistance or interference from GOP congress critters, Mueller can play this out at the state/local level, primarily in NY and DC.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 PM

So.....Trump might be involved in money laundering?
He could be charged with that?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:19 PM

I have suspected all along that Mueller was looking at the money (from his initial hiring of agents) and why Manafort got snagged first. Now Bannon has pretty much confirmed it with his line about a category 5 hurricane. How far this will go is anybody's guess and how exactly Trump will get snared in all is beyond me. Flynn is still an unknown so far.

I am certain though that both Trump Jr. and Kushner will be singing to Mueller soon.
All depends on how forthcoming Deutsche Bank has been and how much pressure Frau Merkel is putting on them.