Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The ex-British spy who authored a dossier of allegations against then-presidential candidate Donald Trump was told the FBI had someone inside the Trump campaign providing agents with information, according to a newly-released transcript of a congressional interview.

Glenn R. Simpson, founder of research firm Fusion GPS, spoke to investigators with the Senate Judiciary Committee for 10 hours in August. As the partisan fight over Russian interference in the 2016 election has intensified, Simpson has urged that his testimony be released, and a copy of the transcript was made public Tuesday.

It was released by the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California...

“My understanding was that they believed Chris at this point — that they believed Chris might be credible because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization,” Simpson said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...54d_story.html
Old 01-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Admin

My senator, DiFi, tells Grassley to stuff it.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...8-9D85978C5EEF
Old 01-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Admin

'Fusion GPS founder told Senate investigators the FBI had a source in Trump’s network' WP
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.c26056508908

I expect bricks are being shitted in the Trump administration today.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:28 AM

Senate was told FBI knew of possible Trump-Russia collusion http://nbcnews.to/2CVs2Ir
Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Russians Now Infiltrating US Senate Computers

PARIS (AP) — The same Russian government-aligned hackers who penetrated the Democratic Party have spent the past few months laying the groundwork for an espionage campaign against the U.S. Senate, a cybersecurity firm said Friday.

The revelation suggests the group often nicknamed Fancy Bear, whose hacking campaign scrambled the 2016 U.S. electoral contest, is still busy trying to gather the emails of America’s political elite.

“They’re still very active — in making preparations at least — to influence public opinion again,” said Feike Hacquebord, a security researcher at Trend Micro Inc., which published the report . “They are looking for information they might leak later.”

...Hacquebord said he based his report on the discovery of a clutch of suspicious-looking websites dressed up to look like the U.S. Senate’s internal email system. He then cross-referenced digital fingerprints associated with those sites to ones used almost exclusively by Fancy Bear, which his Tokyo-based firm dubs “Pawn Storm.”

Trend Micro previously drew international attention when it used an identical technique to uncover a set of decoy websites apparently set up to harvest emails from the French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron’s campaign in April 2017. The sites’ discovery was followed two months later by a still-unexplained publication of private emails from several Macron staffers in the final days of the race.

Hacquebord said the rogue Senate sites — which were set up in June and September of 2017 — matched their French counterparts.

“That is exactly the way they attacked the Macron campaign in France,” he said.

Attribution is extremely tricky in the world of cybersecurity, where hackers routinely use misdirection and red herrings to fool their adversaries. But Tend Micro, which has followed Fancy Bear for years, said there could be no doubt.

“We are 100 percent sure that it can attributed to the Pawn Storm group,” said Rik Ferguson, one of the Hacquebord’s colleagues.

https://apnews.com/9a6888c2163f43a79...39;-crosshairs

Will this cause the GOP to take the threat more seriously or are they afraid that doing so will upset Lying Donnie Dotard?
Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Admin

Buzzfeed investigates Trump's shady real estate business, looks like money laundering.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/thomasfrank...Wr#.ooeNVAXD3B

"More than one-fifth of Donald Trump’s US condominiums have been purchased since the 1980s in secretive, all-cash transactions that enable buyers to avoid legal scrutiny by shielding their finances and identities, a BuzzFeed News investigation has found.
Records show that more than 1,300 Trump condominiums were bought not by people but by shell companies, and that the purchases were made without a mortgage, avoiding inquiries from lenders.
Those two characteristics signal that a buyer may be laundering money, the Treasury Department has said in a series of statements since 2016. Treasury’s financial-crimes unit has, in recent years, launched investigations around the country into all-cash shell-company real-estate purchases amid concerns that some such sales may involve money laundering. The agency is considering requiring real-estate professionals to adopt anti-money-laundering programs.
All-cash purchases by shell companies do not by themselves indicate illegal or improper activity, and they have become more common in recent years in both Trump buildings and other luxury home sales across the United States. Developers such as Trump have no obligation to scrutinize their purchasers or their funding sources." BF

Last edited by bobabode; 01-12-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Buzzfeed investigates Trump's shady real estate business, looks like money laundering.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/thomasfrank...Wr#.ooeNVAXD3B

"More than one-fifth of Donald Trump’s US condominiums have been purchased since the 1980s in secretive, all-cash transactions that enable buyers to avoid legal scrutiny by shielding their finances and identities, a BuzzFeed News investigation has found.
Records show that more than 1,300 Trump condominiums were bought not by people but by shell companies, and that the purchases were made without a mortgage, avoiding inquiries from lenders.
These money-laundering activities included the sale of a condo to the dictator of Trump's Caribbean shithole, Haiti. I guess shitholes have a certain appeal to Lying Donnie Dotard, after all.

According to the Buzzfeed News report, the Haitian government complained in the 1980s that former dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier laundered money stolen from the Caribbean nation’s treasury by purchasing an apartment in Trump Tower. Duvalier, nicknamed “Baby Doc,” was overthrown in 1986, but three years earlier used a Panamanian shell company called Lasa Trade and Finance to buy apartment 54-K in Trump’s Manhattan tower for $446,875 cash. Trump, the future U.S. president, signed the deed of sale.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...indsey-graham/
Old 01-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Admin

"WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.
The move marked the first time Mr. Mueller is known to have used a grand jury subpoena to seek information from a member of Mr. Trump’s inner circle. The special counsel’s office has used subpoenas before to seek information on Mr. Trump’s associates and their possible ties to Russia or other foreign governments.
The subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices about ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia and about the president’s conduct in office, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case. But it was not clear why Mr. Mueller treated Mr. Bannon differently than the dozen administration officials who were interviewed in the final months of last year and were never served with a subpoena.
The subpoena is a sign that Bannon is not personally the focus of the investigation. Justice Department rules allow prosecutors to subpoena to the targets of investigations only in rare circumstances.
On Tuesday, Mr. Bannon testified behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election and ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Mr. Bannon did not address reporters before entering the proceeding on Tuesday, and a spokesman for Mr. Mueller and a senior White House lawyer did not respond to messages seeking comment." NYTimes

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/u...T.nav=top-news

Love it.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:20 PM

Trump must be having fits right about now.
His twitter messages will probably explode all over the place.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Trump must be having fits right about now.
His twitter messages will probably explode all over the place.
Bannon attempts to stonewall House testimony and gets handed another subpoena according to RawStory.

http://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/bann...m-on-the-spot/