Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:21 AM
Banned

Mentally Ill

We understand that felons should not be able to get a gun permit. But at this point, the right is hanging everything in the gun debate on mental illness. Crazy people should not be able to get their hands on a gun. Watching some Newsmax on Directv last night and this guy Frank Luntz has a couple dozen NRA members in his studio and it's more of the same. One guy is almost screaming, "...the FBI new about Cruz, so did the police, the school district...everybody knew he was crazy...how was he able to buy this gun!!!" Stupid motherfuckers.

So...any of you right wingjobs hereabouts want to seriously discuss what would be required to deny a group of people their 2nd Amendment rights to walk into a gun shop or a gun show or their neighbor's garage and buy any firearm they want...because they're mentally ill?

I don't suspect any of you will like the answers you get from a state licensed mental health professional who knows what it would require to do this legally. But hey, surprise me.

Is this a callout thread? Tough shit.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-24-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:45 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all.
This is why the universal unrestricted language has to go, along with the prolific distribution of unlimited quantities of the tactical ready gear that permits virtually unlimited rapid offensive firing.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:14 PM
Banned

I thought not.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 PM

You pretty much nailed it re "infringement of rights" vs sensible public safety issues. Seems like that only starts after the body count.
What is considered unconstitutional unlimited "rights" should be instead a qualification based privilege with responsibilities. The Fed law determines the universal standard for weaponry and qualifications, the States and localities may determine further restrictions for their own requirements. There's a standard free of vague assumptions about "rights" with no practical purpose.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:15 AM
Banned

And meantime the scum on the right and in the Republican party will continue to spew their "mental illness" canard. And too many Americans will agree with it. Why? Because 6 out of 10 white American scum voted for Donald Trump.

Under the control of white Americans, the country is rotting away from the inside out and there isn't a fucking thing in the Constitution that will stop it. The only thing that will stop it is when white Americans become the minority.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:14 AM

You know it is the average citizen letting the gun lobby get away with stuff. The average Floridian, or the majority of the citizens there, have allowed their state to pass such expansive efforts to insure accessibility for automatic weapons without any sort of protest on their part until after a massacre occurs, and then nothing gets done. The average citizen has to change. And many of them love access to weapons. Hopefully a tipping point has come but I am skeptical.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
And many of them love access to weapons.
That is the crux.