in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
.@FoxNews is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly. The outside world does not see the truth from them!
2:37 PM · Nov 25, 2017

James Comey
@Comey
“Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.” - Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 28, 1786
3:08 PM · Nov 25, 2017

Sigh.

One of these days, adults like Comey will be back in charge. Can’t happen too soon. Trump belongs behind bars.
A fair bit of reaction to that tweet. This from Michael Hayden (former head, NSA, CIA):

Quote:
If this is who we are or who we are becoming, I have wasted 40 years of my life. Until now it was not possible for me to conceive of an American President capable of such an outrageous assault on truth, a free press or the first amendment.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:45 PM

Besides as POTUS he should not comment on the press, period which is indirectly encroaching on a freedom from a high office. And commenting to the world chosing one news source to the other is petty. Calling this moron the leader of the free world is sickening.

Our ex-next door neighbors dropped in on us over the weekend. The family of four, youngest in UT, Houston. They moved to Dallas about ten years back and have done financially very well there. Every one of them is now an ardent Trump supporter and the husband wanted to bet that Trump will be a shoo-in to get re-elected. He was most happy that he only had a handful of worker's comp claims in TX since they moved vs. a handful every year in CA. As long as the workers are getting screwed, I am making money, Trump is President; that is utopia for them. I did tell him that if not anything else, Mueller will get Trump on obstruction of justice. Will he be impeached for this, that's a different story unless the Dems' take one of the houses.

They have been urging us to move to Dallas for years and my answer always has been "why would I want to move to a backwards state like Texas?"
Old 11-26-2017, 01:15 PM

I've got mine, fuck off every one else.
Yay! Go Jesus!!
Old 11-26-2017, 02:58 PM

Now he's claiming that the PG tape is fake, lol. You'd have yo be dumber than Whell to believe that whopper; sadly, many a Trumpie is just that stupid.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...wood-tape-fake
Old 11-26-2017, 03:34 PM

For the ignorant, it is easier to deny the truth rather than seek the truth.
Ignorance is bliss, if you do not know about something, you do not worry about it.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:44 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Besides as POTUS he should not comment on the press, period which is indirectly encroaching on a freedom from a high office. And commenting to the world chosing one news source to the other is petty. Calling this moron the leader of the free world is sickening.

Our ex-next door neighbors dropped in on us over the weekend. The family of four, youngest in UT, Houston. They moved to Dallas about ten years back and have done financially very well there. Every one of them is now an ardent Trump supporter and the husband wanted to bet that Trump will be a shoo-in to get re-elected. He was most happy that he only had a handful of worker's comp claims in TX since they moved vs. a handful every year in CA. As long as the workers are getting screwed, I am making money, Trump is President; that is utopia for them. I did tell him that if not anything else, Mueller will get Trump on obstruction of justice. Will he be impeached for this, that's a different story unless the Dems' take one of the houses.

They have been urging us to move to Dallas for years and my answer always has been "why would I want to move to a backwards state like Texas?"
Pulling your head out of your ass will change that perspective and have your world smelling better to boot.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:12 PM

Better to live in the Bay Area with my head stuck my ass than live in the Big D among the stench of Bible thumping Republicans.

And let's not forget Tahoe which even an atheist like me believes is God's country.

I have been to Dallas quite a few times and it was always a pleasure getting the hell out of there. And Texas chili is nasty stuff.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:58 AM

This is what dictators do
President* Trump is stuffing the government full of reliable cronies

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...ulvaney-trump/
Old 11-27-2017, 01:14 PM

Another Trump conflict of interest, on top of attempt to subvert the law as intended.

So much corruption!

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-cap...acing-possible
Old 11-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

President Donald Trump veered off script during an Oval Office event to honor Native American war heroes by making an offensive jab toward Senator Elizabeth Warren by again referring to her as “Pocahontas”—and posed with the Navajo servicemen in front of a portrait of President Andrew Jackson, the notorious Indian killer.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-pocaho...ericans-723747

What an asshole.